Packaging Operator I
Company: Uinta Brewing
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION – PACKAGING OPERATOR IPosition
- Department: Production
- Reports to: Packaging Manager
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-ExemptPosition Summary:The Packaging
Operator I will be responsible for working with the packaging team
to keg, bottle and can all of Uinta's world-class products. This
role has basic knowledge in one or more areas of the packaging
process with an aptitude toward advancement in one or more areas.
Responsibilities will include cleaning and maintaining the
machinery and meeting GMP standards. Must be able to work in a
fast-paced production assembly environment, be quality conscious,
operate safely and have good communication skills. Successful
candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in a
fast-growing, quality-focused brewing and packaging company with an
aggressive expansion plan. We are building a team of qualified,
professional, hard-working people with positive attitudes and a
focus on creating a great workplace.Essential functions:
- Perform packaging operations at the bottling, canning, and
- Employees will be trained in all three lines – kegging,
bottling, and canning line.
- Learn to operate all packaging machinery.
- Load and unload materials and finished products.
- Assist with the start-up of the packaging lines or keg
- Keep work area organized for efficient operation and
- Troubleshoot equipment problems with the team to reduce
- Coordinate with the operations and scheduling manager when
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Additional duties may be assigned in various functions of the
brewery as needed.
- NOTE: This role will work with chemicals.Qualifications:
- Applicant must be 21 or over to apply.
- Have a basic understanding of operation of all three lines –
kegging, bottling, canning line.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Previous packaging experience preferred.
- Forklift operating experience a plus.
- Interest in brewing a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 75-100 pounds.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods
of time in a warehouse environment.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food
Safety standards.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Organization skills including attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Simple math and ability to complete forms and write
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to package quality
beer according to Uinta's standards and procedures, including
quality and quantity requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Support new ideas and help implement them.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Keywords: Uinta Brewing, Salt Lake City , Packaging Operator I, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!