Company: Dejana Industries Inc
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Safety Specialist Overview
Reporting to the Director of Safety, the Safety Specialist is
responsible for the day-to-day activities as it relates to all
regulations under OSHA, DOT, and EPA. This position reports to the
Director of Safety.
Safety Specialist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all regional and site management teams with compliance
as it relates to company policies and OSHA regulations.
- Develop and coordinate company policies under EHS
- Must be familiar with State and Federal guidelines under OSHA,
DOT, and EPA.
- Ensure compliance of safety program and governmental
regulations under state and federal OSHA, DOT, and EPA
- Conduct site safety audits of locations and work with local
management to develop site solutions to minimize risk.
- Conduct accident and injury investigations and determine root
- Identify opportunities to reduce workplace injuries and vehicle
- Identify high risk areas and determine solutions to minimize
risk to employees and company.
- Maintain OSHA Logs for locations for yearly reporting.
- Review current safety training and identify areas of
- Be familiar with worker's compensation.
- Track KPI's for area of responsibilities.
- Conduct in house training as needed
- Ability to travel approximately 30-40%
Safety Specialist Skills and Abilities:
- 10 years' experience in the safety field.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and all
applicable state and federal guidelines under OSHA, DOT, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
Keywords: Dejana Industries Inc, Salt Lake City , Safety Specialist, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!