Sentinel Principal Project Controls Specialist / Sr Principal Project Controls Specialist
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Project
Controls Specialist / Sr Principal Project Controls Specialist.
This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the
Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance
What You'll Get To Do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the
- Manage Project Controls for one or more projects, including
project planning, scheduling, cost tracking, performance
measurement, and reporting in an EVMS environment.
- Develop WBS and project cost coding structures.
- Utilize project management systems and tools to update and
manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures, and
- Develop and maintain cost loaded or resource loaded schedules
using critical path methodology.
- Conduct project performance analysis using industry standard
earned value management processes and techniques.
- Support project controls reporting requirements for weekly and
monthly status reporting.
- Maintain project budgets and forecast spending plans.
- Prepare labor and subcontractor commitment analysis
- Prepare program and project cash flow analysis.
- Develop and maintain project accrual reports.
- Provide support for proposals and project change requests to
include schedule development, estimate development, pricing
proposals, and client negotiations.
- Lead administrative and document control support across
multiple construction projects in execution.As a full-time employee
of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust
benefits package including:
--- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
--- Educational Assistance
--- Life Insurance
--- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
--- Paid Time Off
--- Health & Wellness Resources
--- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule
allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday
to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Principal Project Controls Specialist: 6 Years of experience
with Bachelor's degree; 4 Years with Masters.
- Sr Principal Project Controls Specialist: 10 Years of
experience with Bachelor's degree; 8 Years with Masters.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD Secret
- Experience related to project controls/cost-schedule on federal
- Experience with Earned Value Management System principles.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours if
- Must be willing to travel as required.These Qualifications
Would be Nice to Have:
- Master's Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Project
Management, Construction Management.
- Proficiency with Primavera P6.
- Formal professional certification (PMI, AACE, etc.).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with MS Project.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary Range: $72,400 USD - $108,600 USD
Salary Range 2: $89,800 USD - $134,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Salt Lake City , Sentinel Principal Project Controls Specialist / Sr Principal Project Controls Specialist , Other , Roy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!