Commercial Insurance Biller
Company: Avalon Health Care Group
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Avalon Health Care Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced
Commercial Insurance Biller to join our outstanding team!
If you have the ability to multitask and you have a good
understanding of billing processes in a Health Care setting, we
would love to speak with you about this opportunity! We offer great
challenges, a rewarding career and opportunities for advancement!
Develop lasting relationships with our patients and the staff in
our building. The valuable work we do makes a difference in the
lives of our patients and their families.
Our Benefits include:
* Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term
Disability, and Pet insurance.
* We offer career advancement courses
* Two weeks of PTO
* Authorization - Review and follow up with the facilities to
ensure facility has received authorization to provide services to
all Medicare Advantage, Commercial Insurance, Work Comp, Third
party Liability insurance plans patient.
* Billing Claims - Employee will bill according to the outlined
billing schedule as set by the Avalon Corporate Office. Billers
will prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software
through electronic and paper claim processing.
* Claim Follow-up - Employee will provide claim follow up based on
Avalon claim review protocol. Biller will contact insurance
providers through phone and online review of outstanding claims.
Follow up process will continue until claims in reduce from
* Claims Research & Adjustments - Outstanding claims will be
researched and reviewed until the AR payer has been relieved.
Employee will process refunds and adjustments according to Avalon
* Claim Payment - Employee will collect the payment EOB and process
payment as indicated for patients' dates of service. Payments which
are not equal to outstanding AR will be researched and reprocess
for refunds, additional payment request, or adjustment needs.
* Communication - Employee will need to have effective
communication with the insurance payers to resolve outstanding
issues. Employee will also need to work effectively with facility
personal to resolve issues for billing.
* Aging Reviews - Completes monthly aging for facilities and
attends aging review meetings when necessary.
* Update cash spreadsheet for Cash Management Department.
* Run collection reports for Cash Management and Operational
* Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 2 years billing experience.
* Basic understanding of computer technology.
* Proficient in Excel.
* Knowledge of and previous experience with payroll taxes and
quarter and year-end adjustments.
Keywords: Avalon Health Care Group, Salt Lake City , Commercial Insurance Biller, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!