Company: Avalon Health Care Group
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
William E Christoffersen Veterans Home is seeking a dependable,
enthusiastic, and dedicated Cook to join our outstanding team!
***RECENTLY INCREASED WAGE!!***
Starting wage: $16.50HR or more depending on years of
Do you enjoy cooking and especially for others? The Cook is
responsible to prepare food in accordance with prescribed resident
diet specifications, facility procedures, and dietary and sanitary
regulations under the supervision of the Dietary Services Manager.
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and
a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon
family works with our patients and their families as well as with
our communities to celebrate life every day!
Some of our amazing benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term
Disability, AND Pet insurance.
Tuition Assistance available
We offer career advancement courses
Earn up to 2 weeks of PTO
At our VA faility we offer 401 (K) match of up to 2%
Food Preparation and Serving:
- Prepare and serve food and meals food in accordance with
planned menus, diet plans, recipes, portion, and temperature
control procedures and facility policies.
- Direct and assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas,
equipment and floors, dishes and utensils; check all trays for menu
and diet preferences and accuracy; ensure proper storage of food
and supplies; adhere to universal precautions and sanitary, safety,
and infection control policies and procedures.
- Be able to work in a non-temperature regulated environment
(work near ovens, stoves, enter walk in
- Ensure that food and supplies are available for the next meals
and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies,
report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a Food Handler's permit / ServSafe certification
as per State requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and effectively
communicate in English.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents,
families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Must pass drug screening, criminal background investigation and
#CB Associated topics: appetizer, breakfast, cocinero de la
preparacion, commercial kitchen, line cook, persona de parilla,
restaurant cook, roasting, salad, station
Keywords: Avalon Health Care Group, Salt Lake City , Cook, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!