TRAX Operator Trainee (Full-Time, SLC)
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Utah Transit Authority
Job Summary Responsible for operating UTA trains consisting of
light rail vehicles (LRVs) in accordance with UTA operating
procedures, assuming responsibility for the safety of customers and
equipment. Performs routine vehicle inspections to ensure proper
operation (such as pre-service radio check, lamp test, cab signal
test, cycling of doors, mirror adjustment and check of destination
signs, etc.). Communicates appropriate information to TRAX Control,
customers, supervisors, and others designated to receive such
information. Answers questions from customers and others. Activates
switches to ensure proper routing. Follows UTA guidelines,
operating rules and procedures.
*All UTA Operators can enjoy a $2,000 Hiring Incentive. Ask for
details!* EARLY ONBOARDING STARTS: November 14th, 2022
March 6th, 2023
NEXT TRAINING CLASS: November 28, 2022
March 20, 2023
- Candidates must successfully complete a required LRV training
program, including passing all required exams.
- Must pass the pre-qualification exam.
- Must have one year experience in a customer service role
providing instructions and clarifying information with ability to
solve problems and resolve customer inquiries.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid Utah Driver's License.
- Be a safe driver with no more than 2 moving violations in the
past 3 years.
- Have no violations of driving under the influence of alcohol,
any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or drug within
the last 10 years.
- Must be able to pass FRA required Audiometric and Colorblind
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical card.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and customers and
maintain good interpersonal relations both orally and over the
- Ability to read and understand training materials, operating
manuals and operating and safety rules directives.
- Ability to prepare legible written reports of incidents and
- Ability to operate Light Rail Vehicle safely. Ability to
perform the physical requirements of the job to include regular
walking in a quick manner on uneven surfaces, floor to waist
lifting up to 50 lbs regularly, reaching/lifting overhead up to 10
lbs, climbing into and out of Light Rail Vehicle at non-station
locations, and prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
- This job requires regular and predictable attendance. -OR- An
equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
(UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education
Pay Rate: $20.00/hr during training. $21.44/hr after training with
guaranteed pay increases every six months for the next five years
up to $25.69/hr.
TESTING DATES October 12th, 13th, 24th, 25th, 26th @ 9:00 am /
12:00 pm / 3:00 pm
January 30th, 31th @ 9:00 am / 12:00 pm / 3:00 pm
February 1st, 13th, 15th @ 9:00 am / 12:00 pm / 3:00 pm
Study Materials located on the UTA website
http://www.rideuta.com/Careers Note: An email will be sent after
your application has been submitted to self-schedule a testing
Close Date: January 31st 2023 @ 5:59 pm
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , TRAX Operator Trainee (Full-Time, SLC), Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!