Company: Avalon Health Care Group
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Avalon Health Care Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced
Medical Biller for a Medicaid Commercial/Hospice Biller!
The general purpose of the Medicaid Biller is processing and
collections of billing Utah, Washington, Arizona, Hawaii, and
California Medicaid and Hospice Programs. Includes billing State
and Medicaid HMO programs.
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a
daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges, a
rewarding career and opportunities for advancement!
Our Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term
Disability, and Pet insurance.
- We offer career advancement courses
- Two weeks of PTO
- Review and follow up with the facilities to ensure facility has
received authorization to provide services to Medicaid and Hospice
patient. Review the TARS, 10A, Award Letters, Managed Medicaid
- Ensure all rates are correct within the billing software. Entry
of new Medicaid rates as they are published within the various
- Employee will bill according to the outlined billing schedule
as set by the Avalon Corporate Office. Billers will prepare,
review, and transmit claims using billing software through
electronic and paper claim processing.
- Employee will provide claim follow up based on Avalon claim
review protocol. Biller will contact Medicaid providers through
phone and on-line review of outstanding claims. Follow up process
will continue until claims in reduce from outstanding AR.
- Outstanding claims will be researched and reviewed until the AR
payer has been relieved. Employee will process refunds and
adjustments according to Avalon guidelines.
- Employee will collect the payment EOB and process payment as
indicated for patients' dates of service. Payments which are not
equal to outstanding AR will be researched and reprocess for
refunds, additional payment request, or adjustment needs.
- Employee will need to have effective communication with the
Medicaid and Hospice payers to resolve outstanding issues. Employee
will also need to work effectively with facility personal to
resolve issues for billing.
- Data entry of ancillary charges within the billing software for
month end close.
- Completes monthly aging for facilities and attends aging review
meetings when necessary.
- Update cash spreadsheet for Cash Management Department.
- Run collection reports for Cash Management and Operational
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Basic understanding of computer technology.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with payroll taxes and
quarter and year-end adjustments.
- Minimum of 2 years of billing experience.
Avalon Health Care Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#Talroo Associated topics: adjuster, auto, claim, claim examiner,
claim investigator, claimant, damage, insurance, liability, title
Keywords: Avalon Health Care Group, Salt Lake City , Medicaid Biller, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!