Specialty Team Member (Beer, Wine, Cheese & Chocolate) - Part Time
Company: Whole Foods
Location: Park City
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Provides support as a member of the Specialty team to include
receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Specialty floor
and displays, and selling product in support of the regional
Specialty vision. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require
ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly,
and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times.
All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.
* $16-24.40 an hour + $2 an hour for every hour worked (resort
* Surprises and delights customers with consistent and delicious
* Engages in positive and proactive selling.
* Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and
shelves clean and well-stocked.
* Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
* Monitors spoilage and supply waste to minimize impact on
* Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean
* Maintains back stock in good order.
* Accesses information about market conditions and communicates to
* Ensures temperature, sanitation and sweep logs are
completed.Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed,
dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends
required trainings and meetings.
* Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers
in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling
techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
* Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures
for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising
* Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
* Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
* Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national
leadership. Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional,
or national leadership
* Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in
* Ability to visually examine products for quality and
* Ability to sell proactively.
* Working understanding of Specialty department and team and WFM
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work
as part of a team.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner
to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
* Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals
* No prior retail experience required
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
* Where applicable, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures by
Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18
years of age or older to serve alcohol.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary
of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as
an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties
or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, Salt Lake City , Specialty Team Member (Beer, Wine, Cheese & Chocolate) - Part Time, Other , Park City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!