Guest Service Representative
Company: MainStay Suites Salt Lake City Fort Union
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Would you like to join an incredible team of hotel ambassadors
and work in a respectful and progressive environment that values
what people bring to the team?*
Then you might be our next Guest Services Representative! Our GSR
is responsible for assisting guests at check-in and check-out,
answering and processing phone calls, plus handling all special
request for services or information in accordance with brand and
Gulf Coast standards, policies, and procedures.
*Reports to: * General Manager (GM) and/or Senior Guest Services
*Primary Job Duties*
* Organize, confirm, process and conduct all guest
check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes and
cancellations in a friendly and responsive manner.
* Secure payment, verify billing, verify customers' credit and
establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Compute
bill, collect payment and make change for guests.
* Ensure that all service provided is consistently prompt and
courteous and designed to meet high standards of quality to result
in guest satisfaction and repeat business.
* Keep current on hotel policies concerning room/sign rates, group
and other discounts and special offerings.
* Maintain proficiency in all location computer and software
* Issue room keys, identify and explain room features to guests.
Supply guests with directions and information regarding property
amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of
* Run reports of room availability/inventory management and guest
accounts and post payments to guest folios.
* Perform bookkeeping activities including running reports and
posting payments to guest folios.
* Respond to guest comments or complaints, referring customers to
GM as necessary.
* Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report
* Know the property's emergency procedures and respond to any/all
emergency situations (police, fire, emergency responder, weather,
building - electrical outage, water line breaks, etc.) in a timely
* Assist other associates in completing their respective duties, as
necessary, to achieve guest ready rooms, public areas and
outstanding customer service.
* Clean and maintain lobby area, entrance doors, sidewalks, and
* Work in laundry room area loading and unloading washers and
dryers and folding linens.
* Wear appropriate attire per the dress code.
* Notify GM or Maintenance Support of any needed repairs.
* May serve as Manager-on-Duty in GM and AGM absence.
* May be asked to stay on site in the event of a catastrophe.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Integrity - display strong moral principles and work ethic by
behaving ethically, acting fairly and taking responsibility.
* Adaptability and flexibility - display the capability to adapt to
new, different and changing requirements.
* Accuracy - ensure accuracy in all tasks performed.
* Communication - convey information clearly.
* Dependability and reliability - display responsible behavior at
work in attendance and punctuality, attention to details, following
directions and fulfilling obligations.
* Interpersonal Skills - display the skills to work effectively
* Professionalism - maintain a professional presence by
demonstrating self-control, a professional demeanor and a positive
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or
feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects
weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Frequently bends, kneels, crouches.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming,
mopping, wiping, pushing, lifting.
* Exposure to hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust as well as
*Experience and Requirements*
* 1 year hospitality experience preferred.
* Work Authorization required.
* Flexible schedule required. Evenings, weekends and holidays may
*What We Offer*
* Health and Dental Insurance for Full Time Associates
* 401(k) with Employer Match for all Associates
* Paid time off for ALL Associates per Associate Guide
* Six company paid holidays for Full Time Associates
* Time and half for hours worked on designated holidays for all
* Employee Assistance Program for Associates and household
* All Associates in this position are eligible to participate in a
Retention Bonus program and receive: $150 upon completion of 90
$250 upon completion of 6 months employment
* Employee Discount Program
* Employee Hotel Guest Room Program
* Employee Referral Program
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.25 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Weekends only
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Salt Lake City, UT 84121: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: MainStay Suites Salt Lake City Fort Union, Salt Lake City , Guest Service Representative, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!