Company: DBM GLOBAL INC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Lindon-Shop - Lindon, UT
Skilled Labor - Trades
Employee Value Proposition
Working for a world-class leader in building structures and
bridges, a Schuff Steel Fitter brings his/her expertise and
knowledge in steel and/or bridge fabrication to build some of the
most complex and high profile projects in the commercial building,
bridge, and industrial sectors. Critical to the production process
this position assembles and fits drawing dimensions of the various
structural, plate, and mechanical materials. The production fitter
utilizes a high degree of proficiency while utilizing full skills
of the trade including knowledge of blueprints and common heat
reactions of structural metals. To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility
In return, the Company will offer competitive market-based
compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are
committed to professional development and growing our business. We
are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a
progressive long-term career.
- Receives instructions, prints, sketches, and work orders.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and plans the fitting
- Directs and assists in handling and spreading of material,
assembling material into required relationships according to detail
drawings; handling and placing detail material in assembly, placing
bolts, drift pins and other fastening deceives in proper
- Lays out work lines or fits up jigs for positioning material
when required; checks, squares, and scribes all detail
- Responsible for work conforming to drawings and notes
- Cleans up material by grinding or chipping.
- Burns and tack welds for assembly purposes. Burns, copes and
bevels and straightens material. Does minor layout.
- Spot paints for identification marks.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Perform other routine duties per management direction.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE
Education/Training - Work Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12
months experience. Must pass fitter test.
Specialized Knowledge - Certificates & Licenses
- Equipment Knowledge & Skills - variety of hand tools and
- Language Skills:Ability to read and interpret documents such as
blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor
and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills:Ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. All
applications are necessary to adequately perform required
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
DBM Global including its U.S. subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity
Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor
agreement will become property of DBM Global Inc. Any
recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with DBM
Global must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at (602)
252-7787. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers
directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from
Keywords: DBM GLOBAL INC, Salt Lake City , Fitter, Other , Lindon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!