Company: Schuff Steel Co
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Employee Value Proposition Working for a world-class leader in
building structures and bridges, a Schuff Steel Utility Yardman
brings his/her expertise and knowledge to build some of the most
complex and high-profile projects in the commercial building,
bridge and industrial sectors. Utility Yardman transports steel,
equipment, supplies & machinery throughout the plant and yard in a
safe, timely and efficient manner. Must have experience with crane,
rigging and forklifts to manage and move steel material and
equipment as needed. Critical to the production process this
position Handle and move material and equipment as required to
perform such duties ensuring production needs are met. The
expeditor utilizes a high degree of proficiency while utilizing
full skills of the trade. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. In return, the Company will offer competitive
market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance
benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing
our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth
mindset who desires a progressive long-term career. Core
- Move steel out of the shop on a timely basis so as not to
hinder the production of fabricated steel.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers.
- Load and unload paint racks and sandblasting racks.
- Band steel to pallets and in bundles using the banding
- Operate forklifts in a safe manner.
- Operation and maintenance of all applicable equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Transport material by a forklift as needed and required.
- Keeps work area organized and clean.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
Education/Training - Work Experience High school diploma or general
education degree (GED), and two years of experience operating
30,000 lbs. forklifts or bigger. Specialized Knowledge Certificates
- Equipment Knowledge & Skills may include but not limited to
cranes, rigging, and forklifts.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None. DBM Global
including its U.S. subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
with an Affirmative Action Plan Recruiters - Resumes submitted
without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of DBM
Global Inc. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do
business with DBM Global must contact the Talent Acquisition
Department at (602) 252-7787 . Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT
contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this
request will be removed from consideration.
Keywords: Schuff Steel Co, Salt Lake City , Utility Yardman, Other , Lindon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!