Company: Gamma West Cancer Services - Integrated Oncology N
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Medical Dosimetrist is responsible for designing a treatment plan and carrying out calculations with mathematical accuracy for the delivery of radiation treatment based on the radiation oncologist's prescribed course of radiation therapy. The position will be required to assist our Radiation Therapist's at the location when needed.
* Design a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam geometry to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription.
* Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images from one or more data sets. Assumes proficiency in image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI and PET.
* Create and transfer reference images and localization markers for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs, CBCTs and other IGRT methods, as specified.
* Supervise, perform, or assist in simulations and tumor localization using specified imaging devices including, but not limited to CT, MRI, and PET.
* Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning and implementation of the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices.
* Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning and implementation of the production of molds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
* Supervise, perform, or assist in the application of specific methods of patient and/or beam dosimetry as directed by the Medical Physicist.
* Applies the latest technology knowledge and skills in advanced treatment planning techniques.
* Assists in simulation of patients, using simulator, computed tomography or other devices to accurately localize treatment area under the direction of the radiation oncologist.
* Partners with the Lead Therapists and Medical Physicist in quality assurance initiatives to include radiation safety and protection, machine calibrations, quality assurance of treatment plans and clinical setups.
* Checks charts weekly as needed, and verifies total dose(s) delivered upon completion of each course of therapy.
* Responsible for technical component of brachytherapy and stereotactic radio surgery program. Assist in treatment planning as determined by the Physicist and Medical Director.
* Responsible for clearly relaying the treatment plan to radiation therapists and assuming an advisory role in the implementation of the plan to include: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment or imaging parameters.
* Provides appropriate teaching to patients and family as needed.
* Maintain professional certification.
* Attend department staff meetings, radiation safety committee meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
* Perform any other functions as required by management.
*Qualifications and Education Requirements*
* Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends), as necessary.
* Two - five years radiation therapy experience as a medical dosimetrist.
* Medical Dosimetry Certification Board certification.
* Graduate of an accredited school of radiation therapy.
* Valid Driver's license & Reliable Transportation.
* Bachelor's degree in related field
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipment.
*Physical Demands and Work Environment*
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.Location: 1250 East 3900 South, Suite B-10
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person%49137234% %%medtech%%
Keywords: Gamma West Cancer Services - Integrated Oncology N, Salt Lake City , Dosimetrist, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
here to apply!