Communication Project Leader 1
Company: M.C. Dean, Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Seeking Communications Project Manager with experience in
technology systems integration including Communications and
Electronic Safety and Security passive and active infrastructure
with a proven ability to lead design, construction and
commissioning teams. Overall 10 years of experience with at least 5
years in project management responsible for budget, schedule and
delivery. Candidate must be a thought leader, customer focused and
command excellent communication skills, including a demonstrated
ability to plan and lead a diverse team to execute a large-scale
Technology infrastructure projects.Minimum Requirements are:
- B.S. Degree with 7-9 years of experience in Engineering,
Construction Management or Business Management and relevant field
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve business, technical
and construction issues to include technical and design issues,
operational challenges, work procedures, and potential customer
concerns and complaints.
- Candidate must have proven experience in effectively managing
multiple projects ranging in $500K-$10M up to $50M in annual
volume, to include quick ramp up quickly to include cost
estimating, engineering, contract administration, subcontract
management, claim negotiations, project controls, finance,
installation and installation supervision, construction, resource
planning and staffing.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
certification is a plus.Responsibilities include:
- Managing projects $500K -$20M in value, with an engineering and
management staff of 20-30 personnel, specialty trade partners and
overseeing M.C. Dean direct labor workforce consisting of
technicians and electricians
- Leading a team that provides Communications and Electronic
Safety and Security passive and active infrastructure including
communications ISP/OSP pathways and cabling, networking and
wireless systems, CCTV, access control, A/V, and other technology
applications ensuring design efficiency and contractual compliance
- Planning, organizing and directing activities concerned with
the upgrade and renovation in existing facilities and construction
of new facilities in an operating environment
- Scheduling the project(s) in logical steps to budget enough
time required to meet deadlines
- Plan and actively track work to ensure compliance with project
schedule and budget
- Negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual
agreements with customer, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors
- Monitoring project budgets to ensure positive cash flow and to
- Working directly with supervisors to direct engineering,
construction, testing and commissioning activities. Coordinate with
field personnel and/or engineering team to discuss any potential
- Interpreting and explaining plans and contract terms to
administrative staff, workers, subcontractors and clients
- Working with construction superintendent to develop
installation execution plans determining labor requirements to
dispatch tradesman to construction site
- Inspecting and reviewing projects to monitor compliance with
building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with contract
documents, building and safety codes, and other applicable
- Plan and obtain permits, badges and access requests in advance
- Suggest process improvements / cost saving measures
- Equipment and material planning to ensure on-time delivery and
location and storage to enhance project productivity
- Maintain organized and detailed project records
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders by providing
weekly project status, schedule updates and responding to other
stakeholder concerns.Position requirements include:
- Experience working with management systems including
estimating, scheduling and job cost reporting
- Proficient in reading drawings, schematics and interpreting and
understanding statements of work (SOW) to develop cost proposals
and execution plan
- Proficiency in estimating directly related to Communications
and Electronic Safety and Security systems
- Proficiency in the Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling method
and General Contractor Schedules using Primavera P6 and/or
Microsoft Project CPM Scheduling software
- Experience in operational risk management and knowledge of
safety and quality control requirements
- Experience overseeing and approving monthly job cost updates,
productivity reports, and cash flow projections
- Must have a history of completing projects under budget and
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with
fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers
that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they
have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a
valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: M.C. Dean, Inc., Salt Lake City , Communication Project Leader 1, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...