Part Time Security Monitor
Company: GEO Reentry Services
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Facility: -SALT LAKE CITY CENTERSalary: $15.00 hr. Bonus (if
applicable): Shift: Equal Opportunity Employer.Are you looking for
a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to
do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and
recognition that comes with working for the industry's global
leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.Who We Are:GEO provides
complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners
worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and
community reentry services. From the development of
state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be
successful.SummaryThis position maintains continuous state of
alertness and awareness to control and secure the facility and
residents. Operates within legal constraints and contract agency
stipulations.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the equipment necessary for each watch is
operational including radios, flashlights, and keys prior to
relieving the watch. Prepares shift documentation including shift
reports, work orders, security reports, and unusual incidents that
are legible, concise and that meet facility's standards and
contracting agency requirements.
- Receives necessary information from previous shift personnel
pertaining to events that transpired during the shift such as
resident medical problems, disciplinary problems, or new arrivals
and any special instructions. Relieves the watch and informs
necessary personnel that the watch has been relieved. - Makes
entries into the security log showing the time the watch was
relieved noting name and title.
- Conducts radio checks documenting results in the security log.
Conducts facility counts at the prescribed times and ensures the
logbooks in the buildings are accurate as to count. -
- Frequently patrols building to observe and listen to individual
residents and groups of residents and monitors the state of the
building. Examples of activities include smelling for marijuana,
listening to conversations, or ensuring doors and windows are
- Ensures that the building picture board has a picture of all
residents assigned to the building and that the picture is in the
proper bed slot.
- Organizes and supervises resident work details to assist in
maintaining facility cleanliness to ensure that facility meets
facility's and contracting agency requirements.
- Performs activities on both a scheduled and random basis
including urinalysis testing, pat downs, shakedowns, counts, or
breath tests, to maintain control and security of the residents and
- Documents disciplinary action for rule violations according to
procedure to comply with contracting agency requirements and log
- Conducts scheduled and impromptu cleanliness checks of the
facility and resident's personal belonging to maintain it in an
orderly and clean fashion to meet health and environmental
requirements. This includes all rooms within the facility and
residents' personal belongings.
- Welcomes visitors and verifies their identity while maintaining
professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Communicates with residents and staff in a professional manner
to affirm and enhance self-esteem, dignity, and to maintain
positive resident and staff relations.
- Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and
recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff
relations to identify and resolve problems and function as a
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding
employees, vendors, residents, or outside agencies so that
sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Complies with company policies and work rules as described in
the company Employee Handbook, the Statement of Work, and the
Facility Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Adheres to attendance policies and is available to work any
shifts or work overtime to ensure adequate coverage of the program
and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Complies with facility safety rules and takes appropriate
corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and
without injury to self or others.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner
that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: GEO Reentry Services, Salt Lake City , Part Time Security Monitor, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...