NEW BUILD ASSISTED LIVING COMMUNITY - Medication Tech C.N.A.
Company: TWIN OAKS ASSISTED LIVING AND MEMORY CARE
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
POSITION SUMMARYThe Medication Tech coordinates resident care
related to medications by working with all departments, the
pharmacy and medical community, families and administrative staff
to provide for resident needs with continuity and adherence to the
scope of practice and licensure for the community. - This person
provides complete supervision of the medication room, pass
techniques, documentation and supervision and provision of care
related to medication in the community. - The Medication Tech must,
within the individual's area of focus, assure compliance with Twin
Oaks' quality standards as well as State and Federal regulations.
This individual must be highly organized and possess outstanding
interpersonal skills with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
The Medication Tech works closely with the Community RN and
Executive Director to ensure operational performance, quality
service, and competitiveness with other area facilities. The
Resident Caregiver must be a firm decision-maker, taking into
consideration the impact of that decision on the overall
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe Medication Tech reports to the Community RN
and Executive Director. The Resident Caregiver is responsible for
carrying out the primary duties as outlined by the Executive
Director. These essential functions include, but are not limited
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with
employees, residents, residents' families, visitors, and coworkers
in a professional and confidential manner.
- Initiate and participate in quality assurance and quality
improvement activities based on the four components; resident
satisfaction, employee satisfaction, process/system refinement, and
financial impact. -
- Demonstrate the ability to embrace and project the values of
the facility: compassion, positivity, respectful communication,
responsibility, trust, community, safety, respect, teamwork,
partnership, service, integrity, efficiency and financial
- Communicate accurate and pertinent information to facilitate
effective and efficient resident care. -
- Provide informative written and oral correspondence.
- Make informative, decisive decisions.
- Oversee the daily operations of resident care as it relates to
- Apply problem solving and conflict resolution skills when
- Maintain awareness of governmental, societal, legal,
environmental, and competitive factors which effect the
- Work to establish a group culture to enable Twin Oaks to
function as a whole.DUTIESThe Medication Tech is expected to
perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited
- Ensure all medication documentation is current and correct,
including MARs, Physician's Orders, Pharmacy Documents, etc.
- Ensure medication room/carts are completely stocked with all
required medications including OTC medications that are ordered by
the physicians of residents receiving medication assistance.
- Communicate all medication changes to residents, staff, &
- Coordinate medication orders and deliveries with the
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare providers as
- Monitor Psychotropic medication use is congruent with physician
orders endure resident behaviors actually warrant the use of
- Control Medication Cart access and key assignment.
- Pour, pass, and assist with administration of medication in
accordance with state regulations.
- Read all communication notes regarding the community between
the various shifts of the community. - -
- Assist Resident Caregivers (CNAs) with providing personal care
to residents who are on services with the community.
- Document all care given to residents in ADL Charting. -
-Regulatory and Legal
- Comply with community's policies and procedures and recommend
changes as necessary.
- Bring to the Administration's attention to any deficiencies
that may arise. -
- Ensure compliance to policies relating to blood-borne
pathogens, hazard communication, and infection control.
- Ensure compliance with respect to risk management; the dying
and the aging process; fire safety; disaster preparedness;
residents' rights; grievance procedures; and medication
- Develop skills and education through other higher educational
and/or continuing education opportunities. Annual continuing
education requirements shall be determined by State regulations or
as required by the Executive Director. -
- Complete full orientation upon hire.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Participate in patient care planning conferences.
- Set a good example to all employees of punctuality,
dependability, productivity, use of time (no cell phone/texting,
social media, or computer use). Display genuine resident care,
positive and happy attitude, work ethic, communication skills,
confidentiality, and trust. -POSITION SPECIFICATIONS Essential
Qualifications - - - Education/Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A certification from a physician, nurse practitioner, or other
health care professional to verify no communicable diseases, open
skin lesions, or any other health problems that would interfere
with job performance. -
- No previous felony conviction, or conviction for fraud of the
- CPR certified and first aid certification.
- Criminal background check (BCI).
- TB test.
- CNA certificate.
- Med Tech Certification
- 18+ years of age.Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of the assisted living care industry.
- Decisive, well-informed, decision-maker. -
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral
- Capacity to work effectively with different types of
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally under pressure
with time constraints.
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities.Preferred
- Two years of experience working in an assisted living
facility.POSITION ENVIRONMENTThis position requires the ability to
manage a diverse group of individuals. Physical demands include
varied sitting, standing, bending, reaching, lifting, and walking.
Lifting, up to twenty-five pounds on a regular basis is required.
Occasional lifting and carrying of items up to fifty pounds is also
required. This position requires a full range of body motion
including manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination, and requires
hearing to normal range and corrected vision. Occasional stress
related to a fast-paced environment and multiple responsibilities
is expected. -
Keywords: TWIN OAKS ASSISTED LIVING AND MEMORY CARE, Salt Lake City , NEW BUILD ASSISTED LIVING COMMUNITY - Medication Tech C.N.A., Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...