Radio Systems Engineer
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Utah Transit AuthorityJob SummaryDocuments procedures, tests
performance, and maintains records. Ensures proper maintenance and
repair of all radio based communications equipment. Occasionally
develops, designs, and builds custom electronic equipment and
associated software. Creates documentation for projects developed
and managed by UTA involving communications equipment. Develops
short- and long-term communication plans. Determines and makes
recommendations regarding communications capability for an
Emergency Disaster Preparedness plan. Trains technicians on
procedures for test and repair of communications equipment.Minimum
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering,
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.EXPERIENCE
- Three or more years experience with demonstrated competency in
electronic product design, prototyping, and implementation of
- Thorough knowledge of embedded hardware and software/firmware
- Thorough knowledge of Optical fiber link budget and Microwave
link budget, interference analysis & mitigation techniques.
- Hands on experience in network switching & routing with good
understanding of protocols and protection schemes.
- Must be comfortable in using command line interface and network
- Must have experience of network synchronization design and
- Must be comfortable in working in Linux based system.
- Working knowledge of C, C# and assembler programming
- Use of PC based schematic capture and circuit board CAD
software, in circuit emulators (ICE), logic analyzers, and related
micro processor design tools.
- Wireless and radio frequency experience preferred.
- FCC General Radio License, FCC HAM license, and Solder, Crimp,
Circuit Board Manufacturing Certifications preferred.
- Preferred to have experience in plotting data in Google map,
packet capture using Wireshark, Windows & Linux server maintenance
and JDSU & OTDR use.
- Must have a valid Utah driver's license and be a safe driver
with no more than 4 moving violations in the past 3 years. Cannot
have more than 1 violation of driving under the influence of
alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any
drug within the last 10 years.KNOWLEDGE:
- Design software
- Engineering and design principles
- Manufacturing processes
- Environmental impact on design ideas
- Land Mobile Radio Systems
- Private Cell Systems
- Evolving wireless technology and voice/data communications
- Development, design, and maintenance of computer software
modules for communication hardware including Mobile Data Terminals
and other embedded controller designsSKILLS:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Vendor management skillsABILITY:
- Generate creative new ideas
- Meet business, work demands, and organizational goals
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Meet rail safety standards and complete required training
- Certify to climb towers
- Climb towers as needed
- Lift up to 95 lbs occasionally
- Work at night or weekends as needed.This job requires regular
and predictable attendance- OR -An equivalent combination or
relevant education and experience. Pay Rate: Staring at $87,500 -
100,000 annually, commensurate with experience.Close Date: Open
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , Radio Systems Engineer, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...