Member Engagement Specialist
Company: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Member Engagement SpecialistRemote from WA, OR, UT, or IDPrimary
Job Purpose:Provide member outreach to remove barriers, assist and
support education about benefits, preventative health screenings,
and community resources as part of specific initiatives or care
management programs. Encourage engagement in health-related
activities and programs and provide appropriate referrals to case
management and/or other internal or external services and
resources. Provide excellent and caring services to all internal
and external customers. Minimum RequirementsCompetencies and
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively
interact with a wide variety of individuals on highly sensitive
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer-service skills,
including courteous telephone etiquette, listening, patience,
empathy, and maintaining confidentiality. Ability to exercise
discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with
understanding and ability to apply correct punctuation, spelling,
grammar and proof-reading skills.
- General organization, data entry and administrative skills.
Proven ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- General computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office,
Outlook, Internet search).
- Ability to work a varied schedule such as early evening.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with
topics such as specific disease and lifestyle topics and related
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize work, meet
deadlines and achieve operational standards.
- Ability to research and problem solve in a creative manner to
reach a solution. Ability to identify when it is appropriate to
refer to others.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment in a
complex and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn, retain,
and interpret new or evolving information, procedures, and policies
and communicate them effectively
- Ability to work under stress and pressure and respond to
inquiries with tact, diplomacy and patience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative in researching and resolving benefit,
and eligibility issuesNormally to be proficient in the competencies
listed above:Member Engagement Specialists: would have a High
School diploma and one (1) year customer service call center
experience or one (1) year customer service experience such as
insurance, retail, banking, restaurant, hospital medical office or
other experience with extensive customer service contact or
equivalent combination or education and experience. Preferred
medical certification like a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or
Medical Assistant and prior health plan Customer Service, Clinical
Intake, Provider office, or health coaching or equivalent
combination of education and experience.General Functions and
- Initiates outbound telephone calls or emails to members
identified for the Regence Care Management Programs or
- Utilizes principles of motivational interviewing to encourage
engagement in health-related activities and programs.
- Educate members by providing information regarding benefits,
tools or resources they need to adhere to nationally recognized
preventive screenings, discharge and treatment plans.
- Works with a Care Manager to assure that member needs are met
through identification and referral to appropriate resources and
licensed clinical staff as appropriate.
- Utilizes the applicable care management platform to
appropriately record and track member interactions. #LI-Remote
Keywords: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc, Salt Lake City , Member Engagement Specialist, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!