Precision Valve Assembler
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Flowserve
is looking for a Precision Valve Assembler to manufacture control
valves. This is a 1st Shift position: Monday to Friday from 7 am to
3:30 pm. Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonus
eligibility, comprehensive benefits on day 1 of employment,
generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, pension plan, 401(k)
with company match, and many other excellent benefits.
- Assemble components and finished mechanical products according
to drawings, instructions, and work orders, performing testing when
- Read assembly prints and directions and pick parts to complete
- Enter data as needed to track process steps, parts, materials,
- Use hand tools as necessary, verify quality of finished work
with precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of inspection equipment,
their functions and uses to ensure that all parts and assemblies
are within specifications.
- Ensure all parts and components are clean prior to assembly and
that assemblies are completed properly, following all assembly
- Operate various precision measuring tools, i. e. micrometers,
and vernier, in a warehouse environment, as well as specialty
tools, i. e. hydraulic torque wrench and pneumatics.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within assembly.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities as needed and
comply with all Flowserve policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety procedures, and wear required personal safety
- High School Diploma or GED or 1+ years of general mechanical
experience, including experience in a manufacturing environment or
- Must be able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Must be able to use precision measuring tools, such as
micrometers and calipers.
- Must have effective reading and listening skills with ability
to clearly report and explain information to others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints and
technical drawings safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic computer aptitude to learn data entry systems, and to use
Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, frequently lift up
to 50 lbs.
- Have a full range of hand and upper-body motion and strength to
work with tools and parts. Preferred experience/Skills:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written Req ID
: R-7242 Job Family Group : Operations Job Family : OP Precision
Assembly EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve
will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision If you are a qualified individual with
a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access flowservecareers. com as result of your
disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending
an email to com. In order to quickly respond to your request,
please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line
of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Salt Lake City , Precision Valve Assembler, Other , Mapleton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!