Sr. Lift Operator/Foreman
Company: Solitude Mountain Resort
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Solitude Mountain
Resort in Solitude, UTSeasonal (Seasonal)
JOB TITLE:Sr. Lift Operator/Foreman
REPORTS TO:Lift Operations Manager, Lift Operations Supervisors &
Lift Operations Leads
CLASSIFICATION:Full-Time/ Seasonal/ Hourly
The Senior Lift Operator provides guidance and instruction so
others in the team can complete tasks safely and efficiently. They
serve as guides, offer insight, and organize responsibilities while
leading by example. Safety awareness and superior guest service
skills are a must. All company policies and procedures are to be
adhered to all times.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma
- Minimum of one season Lift Operations experience required.
- Position is required to work weekends, holidays and workdays as
- Must maintain a professional well-groomed appearance.
- Communications skills and the ability to coach, and praise
- Work independently with minimal supervision; think quickly,
make decisions with good judgment.
- Deal with conflict and difficult situations in a busy
- Operate various hand tools, snow blowers, etc.
- Problem solve in a highly effective manner and maintain
positive relationships with guests and staff, including management
- Be a consistent role model for company's Service Excellence
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Climb and work above ground and work outdoors in varying
- Shovel, rake, scoop, and sweep snow.
- Must be willing and able to stand for long periods of
- Perform the back-and-forth twisting motion required to load
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily supervision of assigned lift crew
members which includes but is not limited to coaching, daily
operations of the lift, and reporting issues to supervisor.
- Daily pre-operational inspections and sage and proper operation
of assigned lift.
- Awareness and promotion of personal, employee, and guest
- Providing superior guest service and coaching crew on providing
- Completing paperwork including log and break sheets, incident
reports and monitoring crew breaks.
- Developing strong working relationships with other departments
and crew members.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies
and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements.
- Help to maintain consistency within the department and
- Other duties as assigned.
Expected work dates November -May
Starting payrate is $18.00 / hour.
Only applications with resumes or cover letters will be
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
At Solitude Mountain Resort, we offer a variety of employee
benefits! First, you are lucky enough to be working in the
beautiful, scenic Wasatch Mountains. Enjoy mountain activities
before work, after work, on work breaks, and on days off!
Activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross
country, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and so much more. Work
with other mountain enthusiasts. This is an excellent opportunity
to socialize, meet great people, and attend employee events around
the resort. Some events include unique opportunities like employee
ski days, employee yoga, live music events, film festival ski movie
features, and many more summer activities- at work! You get to work
and play in the same place. Eligibility is dependent on all
employee classification of work.
Ski and Ride
- Eligible employees receive a free Solitude season pass for
themselves and eligible dependents. This includes unlimited
skiing/riding for winter employees with no blackout dates and bike
hauls for summer employees
- Free access to select Alterra Mountain Company Destinations
throughout North America for you and eligible dependents
- Discounted Solitude lift tickets for your friends & family
- Discounted ski and ride lessons
- Free Nordic ski and snowshoe pass for the Solitude Nordic &
Snowshoe Center for winter employees
- Ski and ride perks at other local resorts
- Complimentary UTA Ski Bus pass
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSA, FSA for eligible employees
- Discounts resort-wide for food, rentals, retail, lessons, and
- Pro deals with hundreds of outdoor brands
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Free counseling service for you and your household members
through our Employee Assistance Program Associated topics:
director, facilities, general manager, luxury, manage, manager,
manager ii, manager iii, representative, supervise
Keywords: Solitude Mountain Resort, Salt Lake City , Sr. Lift Operator/Foreman, Other , Kamas, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!