Ski Lift Operator
Company: Vail Resorts
Location: Park City
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
It truly takes a world class team to operate the largest ski resort in the United States. We are the first team on the mountain in the morning, and quite frequently have the entire resort (and runs) to ourselves while preparing to give our guests the experience of a lifetime. We pilot multi-million dollar machinery across the largest skiable acreage in the US. Be a part of an organization where only a few proud men and women receive the honor of calling themselves Lift Operators. A.K.A. Lifties.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely and proactively operate a multi-million dollar ski lift.
- Have fun
- Adopt, embrace, and foster the policies and dynamic culture of our team, resort, and enterprise.
- Help our guests feel welcome, safe, and valued while utilizing our lift system
- Be outside on the loading and unloading decks interacting with our guests and physically assisting them with the process.
- Be punctual and dependable.
- Adhere to dress and grooming standards (uniform and outerwear is provided)
- Paperwork - make sure that all safety checklists and operational forms are being completed by you and your team
- Keep your head on a swivel be aware of, and adapt to, changes in your surroundings and environment.
- Adapt to changing business levels to ensure that the guests are getting the most efficient and safe experience
- Support other departments to ensure everyone is being safe, having fun, and getting their work done (ticket scanning, mountain safety, ski patrol, ski school, etc)
- Help guests and teammates enjoy their time on the mountain
- Must like to have fun and work in a team environment Required
- Strong guest service skills Required
- Must be at least 18 years old at beginning of employment - Required
- High school diploma or equivalent - Required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English Required
- Must be safety oriented - Required
- Must be able to work outdoors for up to 10 hours in all winter weather conditions at altitude (7,000 ft +) - Required
- Must be punctual and dependable. (Start times are as follows 05:50, 06:15, 06:30, 07:15 in the morning) - Required
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and/or evenings as necessary. We are a 7-day a week operation. - Required
- Must be able to work throughout the entire season - Required
- Ski or snowboard at an Intermediate level Preferred but NOT required
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, hear, see, repetitive motions, carry, as needed for most of your work day Required
Previous experience is not necessarily required for this job. If you have the right attitude and want to work with our world class, industry leading team, we will train you!
Becoming part of the Park City team means youre joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of Americas largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse thats as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 160817
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Salt Lake City , Ski Lift Operator, Other , Park City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!