QA Team Lead - 2nd Shift
Company: Young Living Essential Oils
Location: Spanish Fork
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Spanish Fork Distribution Center - Spanish Fork, UTPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage Travel Not RequiredJob Shift SwingJob Category QA - Quality ControlDescription
- Assist with the implementation and management of Part 111 compliant quality system
- Supervise the QA Production/Warehouse staff and provide assistance with continuous improvement to existing processes Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Have working knowledge and experience with Part 111, Dietary Supplement regulations
- Implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), which ensure regulatory compliance with Part 111
- Assist with the implementation of procedures that are compliant with Part 111 regulations
- Support behavior that ensures Part 111 compliant practices
- Familiarity with U.S. Cosmetic and Food regulations
- Familiarity with international regulations regarding dietary supplements, alternative medicines, cosmetics, etc.
- Work harmoniously with all Young Living staff to ensure a team environment
- Effectively communicate with Young Living management
- Help manage daily activities of QA Production/Warehouse Staff (tasks, quarantine area management, work flow-move people where needed, the flow of product from inspection/batching, sampling, test submission, approving/releasing/rejecting product/components, documentation, etc.)
- Assist with general investigations, (mock) recalls, and other quality-related activities
- Assist with the (S)AER and Product Complaint process investigations as needed
- Assist with the Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) system
- Supervise/Lead the Quality Assurance department
- Partner with the Quality Mgmt. team to perform internal (YL) audits and implement corrective actions
- Partner with other YL departments to implement quality systems that meet international regulatory and market requirements
- Assist with tracking quality-related metrics and report monthly on department progress
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2-4 years of related experience and/or training within Quality Assurance environment
- At least 5 years of related experience and at least 3 years of supervising others in a GMP environment
- Experience in document writing such as SOPs, work instructions, training, etc.
- Experience with FDA regulatory standards Supervisory Responsibilities This position will have multiple direct reports and oversight of the Quality Assurance. Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time and may be required to talk and listen to employees and/customers.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment
- Employee may work in an office setting. The individual must be able to tolerate the scent of essential oils worn or diffused.
- Employee may work in Warehouse environment, needing to wear sweatshirt or specific OSHA safety gear.
- Employee may work in Farm environment and in colder temperatures, needing to wear warm clothing and applicable OSHA safety gear. Safety Requirements
- Employee is required to understand proper safety procedures before operating any equipment.
- Employee may be required to be certified to use equipment.
- Employee may be required to wear appropriate OSHA safety gear.
Keywords: Young Living Essential Oils, Salt Lake City , QA Team Lead - 2nd Shift, Other , Spanish Fork, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!