Staff Systems Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers
space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the
world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related
propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense
electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition;
satellites and associated space components and services; and
advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an
experienced Chief Project
Engineer to provide leadership within our Aerospace Structures
Engineering Team in Clearfield, Utah.
Position requires demonstrated experience in the manufacturing of
aircraft structures utilizing composite materials such as prepreg
tape, tow, and fabric with carbon fiber.
Candidate must have leadership experience and knowledge of
composite manufacturing processes including hand lay-up; fiber
placement; and other automated techniques.
Prefer candidates with experience in composite structures for
commercial and military aircraft and a history of working directly
for, or supplying to, major US prime contractors.
- Efficiently manage cross functional teams.
- Act as primary customer technical focal point responsible for
interpreting designs and specifications and implementing these
correctly and efficiently to manufacture a product
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to
accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical
- Work with management, customers, operations, andengineering
staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Manage and support design to cost strategies and implement cost
- Lead problem investigation teams to determine rootcause and
implement corrective actions.
- Lead the Configuration Control Board (CCB) to ensurethat new
designs and design changes are properly implemented.
- Direct, review, and approve process design and
- Support functional management with staffing requirements and
- Develop and implement policies, standards andprocedures for the
engineering and technical work performed.
- Present and explain failure investigations, reports,and
- Consult or negotiate with customers to prepare
projectrequirements and specifications.
- Establish project and technical objectives within broad
outlines established by management.
Technical Job Requirements:
* Composite Aircraft Structures Demonstrated experience
interpreting customer designs and specifications to launch a
product into production. Experience with advanced composite
materials and manufacturing processes.
* Production Support Experience supporting manufacturing operations
and resolve technical issues and implementing lean manufacturing
and cost savings projects.
* Education/Certifications/Minimum Qualifications
- BS Degree in an applicable engineering discipline (ME,AE,
Civil) (MS Degree preferred) Level
- 15+ years of applicable experience manufacturing composite
parts and assemblies for aircraft applications
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and
presentations to Orbital ATK and c
- Customer project management
* Security Clearance Requirements:
* Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required,which
requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
- Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Salt Lake City , Staff Systems Engineer, Other , Clearfield, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!