Posted on: May 22, 2019
Company DescriptionWhen you join Ancestry, you join our family
tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, were creating a
new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether its
reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family
stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing
experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100
million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is
bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the
world.Job DescriptionYou will be an integral part of a team
consisting of population geneticists, epidemiologists, genetic
counselors, communication specialists, laboratory scientists, and
product development specialists. As a Behavioral Scientist, you
will play a key role as a subject matter expert on behavior change
and will support the team by liaising closely with cross-functional
teams to provide insight and guidance on behavior change as it
relates to product(s) and content.
- Use behavioral science insights to help drive engagement
towards Ancestrys products.
- Advocate behavioral science methods more broadly across the
company and generalize learnings into a framework that can help
bring behavioral science to scale.
- Review/create content including product material, digital
content, presentations, training material, topic briefs, and
- Develop scientifically validated products for digital
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments to determine the most
impactful in-product design strategies.
- Improve the efficacy of existing products and identify
opportunities to expand and grow.
- Design nudges for evaluation and implementation in
- Maintain and expand relationships with key internal
stakeholders and external partners during product development.
- Continue to build a network of advocates in the behavior
modification, social science, public health, and genetics
- Be intellectually curious and open to innovation, but maintain
objectivity and challenge when necessary to ensure that the focus
remains on scientific foundations.
- Able to take complex scientific principles and translate these
into everyday terms and understanding.
- A background in behavioral science built up through industry
experience or through appropriate academic qualifications, such as
a Ph.D. or an MSc in social psychology, behavioral economics,
behavioral marketing, public health, or a related academic
- 3+ years of experience with graduate degree OR 5+years with a
- Working knowledge and/or experience in health and wellness is
- Experience related to genetics a plus
- Hands on experience and current knowledge of the behavior
change field; from an understanding of new techniques related to
behavior modification to direct experience working with customers
to refine behavior change programs.
- Demonstrated success in effecting behavior change via diverse
- Experience researching and/or implementing digital
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as a
strong team player as well as independently.
- Successful history and ability to handle several fast-paced
- Experience building things from scratch and working effectively
in evolving, fluid and fast-paced environments.
- Great communication, writing, and presentation skills to
scientific and non-scientific audiences.
Additional InformationAncestry is not accepting unsolicited
assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry
via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a
valid written search agreement in place for this position will be
deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the
referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national
origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, military or veteran status,
citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry
will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that
complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates,
pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Ancestry, Salt Lake City , Behavioral Scientist, Other , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!