Set-Up Mechanic NIGHT 5 pm - 5 am - Salt Lake City
Company: Inline Plastics Corp
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that is among
the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical
(HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and
Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long
Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k)
company match at 100% up to 4.25% of salary; Flexible Spending
Account and an Employee Assistance ProgramTo our veterans and
separated service members: You are at the forefront of our minds as
we recruit top talent to join Inline Plastics. The skills you have
gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility and
leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful
in this role. We hope you will consider sharing in our mission and
consider a career with IP.Rotating 36/48, 12 hour NIGHT shift 5 pm
- 5 amSummary: Completes all tasks utilizing the Lockout/Tagout
system in a safe and efficient manner. Operate, set up,
troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on: contact
heat, preheat thermoforming machines and supports equipment
(including, but not limited to: case tapers, Lifts, Yushin
stackers, air compressors)Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively install tooling and perform set-ups on GN machines
and support equipment within a prescribed time.
- Train new mechanics in performing set-ups on GN machines.
- Proficient at adjusting the knives.
- Proficient in measuring and changing molds, locks, and
- Conduct mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical
- Able to look at a finished product and determine corrective
actions based on irregularities of the product.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on GN and support
equipment as described above.
- Performs set ups on preheat machines.
- Performs mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting
to the best of their ability and seeks assistance as needed.
- Able to look at a finished product and determine corrective
actions based on irregularities and non-conformances of the
- Assist in corrective and preventive maintenance on preheat
machines and support equipment as described above.
- Able to identify, retrieve, and replace machine components from
- Fills out Purchase Request Form for any parts needed or
consumed from the stockroom.
- Use computer to identify priorities, shop machine efficiencies
(scrap, downtime standard cycle, speed, and machine problems).
- Properly fill out and file production, setup, PM, and Q.C.
- Assist with the training of Production Lead, Operators,
Packers, Grinders, and Utility personnel.
- Accurately communicates shift change information.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMPs in regards to food contact packaging as it
pertains to the employee.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety
procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper
use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area
and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows
IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment
is being cleaned or maintained
- Assist in the smooth operation of production.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using mechanical and electrical
schematics, technical manual, and electrical meters.
- Forklift operation certified. Maintains current forklift
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Generally willing to work overtime if needed.
- At the request of the supervisor, this job may be required to
cover other positions such as Production Lead and Operator where a
different set of physical requirements are needed.
- All other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent. Vocational TechnicalCommunity
College, or Formal Military mechanical and/or technical training a
- Previous mechanical or electrical experience preferred.
- Thermoforming, Extrusion machinery, or packaging equipment
- Prior experience or training in a related field or
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical
- Solid troubleshooting ability.
- Knowledge of Personal Computers and Microsoft Office a
- In work related situations must be able to take direction and
communicate in English as well as read and understand written
documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good people skills required to interact with other production
personnel and management.
- Must have patience and a methodical approach to work.
- Must pay attention to detail and able to identify machine
malfunctions and work independently to correct them.
- Must be proficient in addition, subtraction, multiplication,
and division and to calculate decimals and fractions.
- Must understand and work with metric system.
- Skillfully use a torque wrench and differentiate between inch
lbs. and foot lbs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving a variety
of situations.While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is required to perform various physical activities which require
fine motor skills.This task requires reaching, climbing, kneeling,
squatting, and bending. All activities are performed occasionally
(max 20 times per day).This job occasionally requires changing
molds and heaters where items weighing150-300lbs. are pulled from a
shelf onto a " Big Joe" moving machine. Storage heights are from 12
inches above floor level to five feet height.Rarely a wooden
platform is lifted and carried a distance of six feet to enable the
operator to reach into the machine. Platform weights are 45
lbs.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth
Keywords: Inline Plastics Corp, Salt Lake City , Set-Up Mechanic NIGHT 5 pm - 5 am - Salt Lake City, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!