Mountain Dispatch - All Experience Levels - Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts Management Company
Location: Park City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Perform the duties of a dispatcher:
* Provide superior customer service while interacting with our
internal and external customers
* Answer a multitude of telephone and radio calls; determine the
nature of calls; refer to appropriate department or personnel.
* Periodically direct guests to the appropriate area or department
while providing superior customer service.
* Answer a wide variety of standard/routine questions; respond to
emergencies; dispatch appropriate personnel; report problems
related to building, lift or electrical maintenance, grooming,
skiing services, police, ambulance, and helicopter requests.
* Act as a communications center for department via radio to
monitor and coordinate daily activities, emergency responses.
Monitor all radio communication to keep up to date on activities
and to dispatch calls and messages. Dispatch company vehicles.
* Maintain various logs and other records related to assigned
duties such as power on and off to all lifts, lift openings and
closures. Line checks, mechanical and electrical problems, skiing
service, grooming and snowmaking positions.
* Prepare, update and maintain various reports such as daily
operations, security-related reports, accident reporting.
* Perform various clerical tasks related to department
* Adhere to Vail Resorts Guidelines including Grooming and Dress
* Recognizing and communicating training opportunities for other
Mountain Operations departments
* Dispatches winter operations
* Ensuring the office is prepared for a dispatch day, preparing
all-digital paperwork, maintaining all reports including the Daily
Summary Lift Hours reporting, Daily/weekly 10-50 reporting, Monday
Comp Stats report, etc.
* Responsible for maintaining and updating the resort phone list
and radio list
* High School education or equivalent, plus previous clerical
experience or dispatch experience or a combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are
* 1+ year basic mountain operations experience preferred
* Typing skills
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
* Sitting for long periods
* Familiar with Google Drive and Sheets
* Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
* Discount lift tickets for friends and family
* Free ski lessons
* Discounted lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
* Discounted bike haul & golf
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Excellent training and professional development
Becoming part of the Park City team means you're joining one of the
best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and
town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and
working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and
friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch
powder of America's largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse
that's as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come
experience all that Park City has to offer.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177804
Keywords: Vail Resorts Management Company, Salt Lake City , Mountain Dispatch - All Experience Levels - Winter Seasonal, Other , Park City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!