Materials Handler Team Lead - Swing Shift
Company: BioFire Diagnostics
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Materials Handler Team Lead - Swing Shift BioFire Diagnostics,
LLC. is looking to add a Team Lead to our swing shift Materials
Management team! The Materials Handler Team Lead ensures physical
movement, support, and administrative tasks involved in receiving,
shipping, storing, and support of raw material used for
manufacturing of goods. Specifically in real time material
replenishment support of Manufacturing line daily. Other
responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting
supervisors and managers in directing and organizing daily tasks
for material handlers. The avocation and use of Production Web
based Warehouse Management software, including real time transfer,
goods issue, and other transactions. Process Non-Conforming
materials, cycle auditing of materials in multiple stores
locations, and control of perishable materials. Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within
the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostic's quality system.
- Ensures real time daily replenishment of material in a "Just in
Time" manner to customer.
- Extensive knowledge in the Kanban / Work Order, process to
ensure material is pulled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Aid manager/supervisor with daily work-load duties.
- Lead/assist with departmental projects.
- Aid manager/supervisor and training coordinator in updating and
- Collaborate with training coordinator to ensure all material
handlers are trained to appropriate WID's and SOP's.
- Ensure accuracy of transactions, bin and location maintenance
for the stocking of material.
- Utilize Production Web interface, Warehouse Management Software
and mobile tools to distribute and transact material to the floor
at direct movement of material. This includes the use of tablets,
bar-code scanners, and label printers.
- Assist in Break down, cleaning, organizing, and prepping raw
material to ensure readiness for manufacturing. To be done in
accordance to procedures and production requirements.
- Ensure all material in the warehouse is stored and consumed
while practicing FIFO, and QC measures are being followed.
- Assist and Lead Material Handlers with daily tasks and work
- Assist, or oversee daily team stand up meetings.
- Log, label, track, and enter material lot information into
Production Web and/or MES Systems.
- Support inventory control team with cycle counting
- Practice and teach other material handlers lean manufacturing,
good housekeeping principles, and 6S.
- Maintain key performance indicators (KPI's) that track
productivity and work load.
- Coordinate, communicate, and signal replenishment of material
from the various stock locations to production.
- Lead efforts in the identification, movement, and disposition
of non-conforming material.
- Maintain Kanban levels and update as production requirements
- Receive, inspect, store, and properly control the integrity of
- Other related duties as inferred or assigned. Qualifications
Training and Education:--
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- APICS training preferred.-- Experience:
- 2+ years'--experience in--inventory, warehouse, and
- Materials handling experience within the medical device
industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of
materials for instruments and chemistry,--is--preferred. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of--inventory control principles.
- Knowledge of--warehouse management, shipping and/or, receiving
- Proficient in--ERP and Warehouse management software.--
- Ability to proficiently use word, excel, and office
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down the
- Ability--to learn and implement lean practices and demand flow
strategies throughout the warehouse and production.--
- Knowledge--of--and experience in majority of applicable job
skills and able to train other employees in these areas. For
example: receiving, shipping, Kanban replenishment, Six S
methodology, campus deliveries, truck run, etc.-- Physical
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.' with or without assistance,
which may include another person or lifting device
- Standing and/or lifting--50% of--work-time BioFire Diagnostics,
LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or
disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to
reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an
applicant's identity and legal authorization to work in the United
States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation,
falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to
receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired,
dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you
may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics'
application process by contacting us via telephone at (385)
770-1132, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dialing 711 for
access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). You have been
redirected to a BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. job page
Keywords: BioFire Diagnostics, Salt Lake City , Materials Handler Team Lead - Swing Shift, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!