Design Build Construction Services Manager-West
Company: ASSA ABLOY Sicherheitstechnik GmbH
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Design Build Construction Services Manager-West ASSA ABLOY Door
Security Solutions provides end-users (healthcare facilities,
schools, universities, military, commercial buildings, etc.) with
unsurpassed security and life-safety solutions and the essential
support services (LEED consultation, code compliance, access
control system integration, product research and selection,
specification writing services, technical support, etc.) to ensure
well-functioning doorway systems in the commercial building
industry. This is all accomplished by combining the strengths of
industry-leading door and hardware brands. Visit
www.assaabloydss.com for more information. Location: This is a home
based position and applicants must live in Western--United States
(WA, OR, MT, ID, WY, UT, CO, CA, NV, AZ, NM) JOB SUMMARY-- The
Design Build Construction Services role is primarily responsible
for establishing consulting relationships with contractors and
associated owner/developer representatives actively involved in
Design/Build/Consruction at risk type projects to increase the
market awareness and sales of ASSA ABLOY brand products, solutions
and services. The consultant is a professional and knowledgeable
resource for all types of opening solutions, product
recommendations, and construction management software applications.
Activities are closely aligned with the contract hardware
distributor channel to support the mutual goal of increasing sales
and value driven project services. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES--
- Identify and qualify regional and national D-B/CMAR firms to
target for consulting relationships.
- Actively track project opportunities to solicit and engage with
D-B/CMAR firms to promote and support ASSA ABLOY brand product
- Coordinate with Contract Hardware Distribution partners to
support and facilitate project estimating, bidding, procurement,
and project management activities.
- Promote, present, and secure utilization of Openings Studio
software and professional services for construction management.
Coordinate on-site execution of professional services
- Provide pre-construction project specification and budgetary
guidance on product applications and sourcing.
- Identify project Architects and Security Contractors and
coordinate the production of Division 08/28 door, hardware and
access control specifications and drawings.
- Assist with review on Division 08/28 door, hardware and access
control-- submittal packages on behalf of contractor.
- Identify opportunities and propose options for pre-installed
and off-site door and hardware services.
- Attend project coordination and pre-installation meetings to
review project scope of services.
- Review and comment on project RFIs/RFQs, ASIs, Change Orders
and similar post bid construction directives related to door
openings as requested by contractor.
- Assist with trade coordination between project door opening
subcontractors and access control security contractors and
- Coordinate interfacing with designated BIM construction
software platforms throughout design, distribution and construction
- Routinely interact and communicate with DSS sales, professional
services, and demand generations teams concerning project bid
coverage, specifications and design guides, and distribution
- Facilitate the resolution of ASSA ABLOY product and in-field
- Coordinate for product education and installation training for
subcontractors. QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS--
- A minimum 5-10 years of commercial door and hardware industry
experience. Construction relevant work history on Design Build
- Extensive product knowledge across all ASSA ABLOY brands and
solutions, including mechanical and electronic access control
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; high school diploma/GED
- Must be able to read and interpret construction plans,
drawings, and specifications and apply proper solutions.
- Professional selling and demand generation skills; including
proven presentation and communication skills (both written and
verbal). Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Must be self-motivated/self-starting, be an active listener,
and provide efficient and effective follow up to outstanding
- Must be able to operate seamlessly within a collaborative team
selling environment and provide tangible value within a highly
- Must be detailed-oriented, highly organized and possess strong
multi-tasking skills with the ability to develop, track and manage
multiple accounts and projects simultaneously and
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Working knowledge of Openings Studio and--BIM Construction Services
software (Procore, PlanGrid, BIM 360, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to travel upon request. Up to 50% to 75% travel ability
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50 lbs. If you have these traits
and enjoy a fast pace environment with a growing company, ASSA
ABLOY is the place to be. Position includes a base salary, annual
bonus potential and company car. ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran Let's open the doors
to the future - together! Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you
will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative
solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the global leader in
door opening solutions we are using the latest technologies to open
doors to events, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and
businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY means being part of a fast-moving
company with many opportunities.
Keywords: ASSA ABLOY Sicherheitstechnik GmbH, Salt Lake City , Design Build Construction Services Manager-West, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!