Senior Risk Control Consultant
Company: Patelco Credit Union
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Job ID: R-5649
Job Category: Risk Control
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Date: February 17, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary Under general supervision, provide the
Underwriter with account knowledge as it relates to hazards,
controls, and management. They will need to evaluate how a company
identifies and manages their inherent risk factors. Additionally
they are expected to differentiate the account from others in
similar classes of business. In this role the consultant will be
working with our larger, more complex and all lines accounts. This
role reports to the Risk Control Field Director Managing Risk
Control Consultant. This job does not manage others. Primary Job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partnering and having joint ownership with Underwriting to
select, retain, and grow a profitable book of business.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with
Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control Specialists, and Brokers to
service customers as a unified team.
- Writing technically detailed reports that communicate a clear
assessment of risk and effectively articulate recommendations.
- Discovering and evaluating customer needs through loss analysis
and customer readiness in order to provide Risk Control products
and services to help control losses.
- Staying current with technical subject matters, regulatory
environment and emerging issues.
- Creating a valued customer experience through each assessment
and service encounter.
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety,
engineering, construction management, basic sciences and related
technical fields required.
- 8+ years of experience in risk control or safety related
positions in industries such as construction, manufacturing, or
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to
meet specific state requirements where applicable. Education, Work
Experience, & Knowledge
- Insurance industry acumen.
- Graduate degree in related field. Licensing or Certificates
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM,
CFPS) Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Critical thinking skills.
- Influencing skills that effectively drive business needs.
- Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes
- Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback.
- Driving (Daily) Employment Practices Travelers is an equal
opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents
each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we
benefit in numerous ways from our differences.-- If you have
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an email so we may assist you. Travelers reserves the right
to fill this position at a level above or below the level included
in this posting. Careers at Travelers When you work at Travelers,
life's most important moments become your life's work. That means
helping families feel secure, businesses to prosper, knowing that
you've made a difference, and feeling like you belong to something
bigger. It also means being part of a team comprised of 30,000 +
talented and passionate people that are evolving to meet changing
needs - from customer service to data science and beyond. If that's
more than you imagined in an insurance career, it's time to join us
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Salt Lake City , Senior Risk Control Consultant, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!