Plant Hygienist / Microbiologist
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU? At Henkel, you can make
a difference and craft your career. Thats why you own your projects
and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands
in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to
follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an
entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the
box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with
us. YOUR ROLE
- The Plant Hygienist / Microbiologist is responsible to oversee
and lead the plant micro / hygiene programs. Interaction with the
global hygiene team and other North American plant hygiene teams
will happen on a monthly basis. In addition, they are responsible
to ensure compliance with all hygiene requirements in order to
ensure top quality and safe products for our consumers.
- Leads and provides direction to micro technician. Ensures
compliance with all global hygiene standards.
- Attend monthly regional hygiene meetings, develop working
relationships with other plants hygiene teams.
- Research and keep necessary personnel updated of developments
in microbiological test methods in the detergent industry.
- Improve current test methods to ensure reliable and
reproducible results. Reduce false positive results.
- Perform validation on test methods according to global
standards and document and maintain records of all testing and
- Maintain all micro equipment and supplies used for the testing
of finished products, raw materials, process swabs, etc. in the
laboratories including the Celsis instrument.
- Participate in investigation of out-of-specification
microbiological results. Culture and identify microorganisms
causing out-of-specification results. Identify the source of the
- Sample raw materials, process water, bulk and finished goods,
processes and packaging lines routinely and identify microorganisms
and identify source of contamination.
- Development and Implementation of Hygiene Action Plans that
could include projects to improve plant hygiene.
- Communication and involvement with engineering concerning new
equipment and processes including hygienic design reviews
- Perform / develop hygiene audits of plants as required. Lead
the Hygiene Committee in SLC plant.
- Must keep updated on new and/or better cleaning and
sanitization methods. Attend seminars and keep updated on new
information concerning cGMPs (current Good Manufacturing Practices)
to ensure the company uses the best current practices in the
manufacture of safe hygienic products YOUR SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology or Bachelor of
Science in a Technical Field (ie Chemistry, Biology, Engineering,
etc.) with two years of Microbiology classes.
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment is
preferred or two years of working microbiology lab experience.
- Must complete & Maintain Hazardous Materials Shipping training
meeting the requirements of the Department of Transportation
shipping of hazardous materials (49 CFR Parts 100 185).
- Must have good follow-up skills and be detail oriented.
- Awareness of hygienic product security Henkel is an equal
opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, and other legally protected characteristics.Henkel does
not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment
agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel
property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement
resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkels
request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for
specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement
with Henkel must be in place and current.All employees applying for
an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager
about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion
will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills
meet the job requirements.
Keywords: Henkel, Salt Lake City , Plant Hygienist / Microbiologist, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!