Senior Operations Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: Stryker Corporation
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies
and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare
better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics,
Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help
improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best
Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our
award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products
that are making an impact on people's lives? As a member of our
manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker,
you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like
family, while working with products that are improving and saving
people's lives. We have an award-winning culture and have been
named the #1 Best Workplace in Manufacturing in the U.S. by Fortune
for 3 years in a row!
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our
Education/Special Training Required
High School Diploma or equivalent
Qualifications/Work Experience Required
WHO WE WANT
We are looking for dedicated individuals to help our mission to
make healthcare better and to be a part in saving our patients
lives! Whether you have experience in Medical Device Manufacturing
already, or want to leverage your mechanical skills for a new
challenge work with the very best Medical Devices on the market, we
are looking for reliable, responsible people to join our growing
team. If you have a great attention for detail, are a fast learner
and ready to make a big impact, we want you to join our growing
team at Stryker!
* Preferred three (3) years experience as a technician or mechanic
for machine / equipment operations.
* Experience may be substituted with relevant year for year college
* Preferred 2+ years experience in regulated industry
(1-2 sentences describing overall responsibilities)
* This position conducts equipment assembly and operations support
activities including preventive maintenance program requirements,
product and process support, troubleshooting and resolving
problems. This role responds to the demands of the production lines
including needs for increased equipmenat support as customer
demands may require.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety, product
quality and compliance with the Stryker, Quality Manual and its
* Electromechanical assembly of equipment, tooling, and
* Conduct qualification, verification, and validation activities as
* Conduct moderately complex troubleshooting and resolution of
* Conduct moderately complex repairs and preventative maintenance
on equipment, machinery, and fixturing.
* Conduct activities, tasks, and documentation per quality system
* Maintain documentation as required.
* Maintain a clean, safe, health conscious work area.
* Conduct safety audits.
* Maintain MSDS information.
* Complete other tasks as assigned.
* Ability to respond to the dynamic equipment needs of the
production line as required.
* Ability to demonstrate safe work practices with electromechanical
* Ability to analyze machinery failures and implement appropriate
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical
* Ability to work independent of routine supervision.
* Ability to interpret and implement non-complicated instructions,
both verbal and written.
* Ability to conduct basic arithmetic calculations.
* Profucient in MS Office
* Support Development of PM's
* Ability to report out on issues and impacts to production
(Downtime, capacity, etc)
* Knowledge of EAM/ Manufacturing Tool Maintenance Systems
* Present CI Projects to Core team and BU leaders when
* Ability to demonstrate dexterity sufficiently to conduct
soldering, joining, machine operations, and other manual assembly
* Ability to lift up to 50# routinely; 75# occasionally.
* Ability to travel short and long distances by commercial
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes
bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement
programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and
parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite
fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and
service and performance awards - not to mention various social and
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for
this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Salt Lake City , Senior Operations Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!