Central Maintenance Front Desk
Company: University of Utah
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides reliable and professional administrative office
support. Performs a variety of clerical duties in accordance with
specific instructions and established work procedures. Follows
written and verbal instructions to accomplish
assignments.Responsibilities1. First priority is to complete all
necessary business processes to operate the maintenance office
front desk during office hours. These responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming maintenance calls and emails and respond,
transfer, and forward them as required to fulfill the customer's
- Accurately maintaining and using a knowledge database for
maintenance department information.
- Accurately creating and assigning work orders from residents
- Coordinating incoming tasks with staff through multiple
- Coordinating with staff by radio and documenting situations as
- Creating charges to residents' ledgers for purchased hardware,
paint, keys, etc.
- Loaning dollies, box fans, space heaters, tools, etc. out to
residents and tracking their return.
- Creating and sending emails and memos to residents and staff.2.
Assist and support supervisors and all department employees as
- Handling and filing of forms, requests, and confidential
- Assist with maintaining a clean, and organized Maintenance
Office space that is welcoming to U. Student Apartments'
- Other support functions as assigned by Maintenance & Main
- This job description is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to the job.Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically
requiredNearly Continuously: Office environment.Physical
Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be requiredNearly
Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.Often:
Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.Seldom: Bending,
reaching overhead.Minimum QualificationsHigh school diploma or
equivalency required. Four years full time secretarial experience
or equivalency, word processing and spreadsheet software skills and
demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also
required.Knowledge of business writing preferred.Applicants must
demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential
functions of the job as outlined in the position
description.PreferencesTyping test will be administered; preference
is typing speed of at least 50 words/minute.Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
Keywords: University of Utah, Salt Lake City , Central Maintenance Front Desk, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!