Company: Probst Electric
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- This position will work on projects throughout the Salt Lake
City Metropolitan area.CompanyProbst Electric is one of North
America's premier utility construction companies. Probst operates
from a Headquarters in Utah and has completed projects all over the
United States and Canada. Probst performs new build, design build,
and maintenance services for both the public and private sector
utilities. Probst offers construction and maintenance services in a
variety of utility markets including transmission, distribution,
substation, drilling, and associated electrical. Probst is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k
available.Job DescriptionLead Journeyman in charge of running
medium-large commercial projects and supervising multiple
employees. Must have 3-5 years' experience at Journeyman level on
commercial projects. This position will plan, schedule and direct
work of subordinate employees and will work with project management
team and supervisors.Tasks
- Maintain current Idaho Journeyman or Master Electrician license
(or obtain within six months)
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand
tools or power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic
wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand
tools or power tools.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical
wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as
ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility
and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction
equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment,
such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment,
or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to
identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair,
and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair
electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components,
using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a
breakdown and correct the problem.
- Supervise and train subordinate employees
- Communicate and work with supervisors and project team to
achieve project and company goals
- Perform work according to safety and electrical codes and
- Journeyman Electrician-UT (must have UT license within six
months of hire)
- Commercial Electrical experience
- Valid Driver License; CDL preferred
- Must pass pre-employment and associated drug screenings
- Must be legally eligible to work in the USCALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
If you are currently applying or have applied for a position with
Probst Electric Inc., you are hereby provided notice of collection
of personal information. Please see this notice at:
Keywords: Probst Electric, Salt Lake City , Journeyman Electrician, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!