Group Lead Logistics/Couriers req78888
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Group Lead Logistics Couriers - West Valley City, UT - Monday -
Friday--(Rotational Saturday)**Proof of COVID vaccination
requiredSummary:The Route Service Rep Group Lead is the face/voice
of Quest Diagnostics to the RSR, Sp. RSR, Adv. RSR-Float, Adv.
RSR-Trainer, our customers and acts as an Ambassador for the
company in everything he/she does. Everyday Excellence is a
critical component in fulfilling this position requirement. This
position performs day to day hub operation activities by serving
staff and leadership needs with regard to patient specimens, client
and any others tasks deemed necessary to meet our customer
needs.Purpose:As a RSR Group Lead, you will assist the department
supervisor and manager in creating a culture of process improvement
and empowerment to achieve operational excellence. You will
evaluate and make recommendations for process improvement
ideas/suggestions and inspire the Logistics staff through
engagement and recognition.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervisor support which may include: Scheduling,
Employee Training and Development, External Customer Relations. May
be called upon to assist with or cover duties typically performed
- Consistently demonstrates Everyday Excellence and Quest Values
- Quality, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, Collaboration,
and Leadership, in all duties.
- Directs the day to day activities of a core group of RSRs.
- Works with RSRs to identify process improvement
- Promotes a culture of process improvement thinking and
- Facilitates process improvement projects.
- Coaches RSR staff to successfully perform their daily
- Inspires RSR staff to improve productivity through consistent
- Acts as a Change Agent for new ideas and processes.
- Demonstrates behaviors as a positive role model for RSR
- Assists in training, when needed.--
- Provides weekly updates to supervisor on process improvement
projects and opportunities.
- Provides input, and at times, leads daily huddles.
- Provides input to supervisor for performance review.
- Provides input to supervisor for disciplinary actions.
- Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the
appropriate Manager, Supervisor, for resolution.
- Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies,
protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual,
Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee
Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
- Adhere to departmental and company code of grooming and dress
code policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
- Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
- Communicates appropriately with coworkers.
- Problem solving skills
- Performs route audits
- Responsible for compliance with all processes including and not
limited to: timekeeping, attendance and punctuality, vehicle safety
and cleanliness, safety and OSHA requirements, handheld /scanning
device and usage, proper handling and storage of all samples from
the client office to the drop off point, proper packing of
specimens for shipment, end of day vehicle checks, dress code, code
of conduct and all Company / Regional / Logistics policies and
- Perform all routes including Routine, STAT, Weekend, Holiday,
and Shuttle/relay as needed.
- Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as
maintaining a valid driver---s license and driving record within
acceptable company guidelines.--
- Ensure route is started with proper equipment tools. i.e.,
route scanner sync/paper logs, carry bag, properly prepared coolers
for 3 separate thermal storage, dry ice, Nextel/cell phone, keys,
door hangers, observation reports, etc.
- Attendance and punctuality in meetings and training
- Meet all training requirements in a timely manner as
- Properly care for and maintain company equipment including
scanners, telephones, vehicles etc... Communicate any deficiencies
- Document and provide appropriate client satisfaction
information to Logistics Management.
- Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients
and RSR Staff using Everyday Excellence and the Five (5) Guiding
- Demonstrate Everyday Excellence in the Quest Behaviors;
Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency, United as One Team and
- Other duties as defined by Logistics Management. Supervision
- N/ACompetencies for Success:
- Everyday Excellence Behaviors--
- Ethics and Values
- Customer Focus
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- I am Customer focused.
- Integrity and Trust
- Act with a Sense of Urgency/ Importance
- I am service driven.
- Problem Solving
- I am a professional.
- Decision Quality
- I care about quality.
- I am knowledgeable.
- Drive for Results
- IntuitiveDemonstrates the ability to quickly find common ground
and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own
interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with
peers with a minimum of noise; carries a positive attitude and is
seen as a team player.-- Is cooperative; easily gains trust and
support of peers; communicates clearly and encourages
collaboration.-- Influences those around them.-- Is cool under
pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are
tough; Is personally committed to and actively works to
continuously improve him/herself. Can delegate well and is
successful in developing others. Is dedicated to meeting the
expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and
to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the
organization. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is
constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Demonstrates
and models the Everyday Excellence
- Education High school diploma or equivalent. Work Experience:
- 1-3 years in logistics or transportation experience
- Prior experience in a leadership or training capacity
- Knowledge of service area Licensure Requirement:
- Valid Driver---s license with a minimum of 1 year driving
experience and documentation of a Motor Vehicle Record with
Physical and Mental:--
- Capable to perform all duties of RSR, Sp. RSR and Adv. RSR
- Able to perform administrative duties, coordination,
data-oriented activity and other professional duties.
- Knowledge of computer to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good customer service skills necessary
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements;
weekends, holidays, on call and overtime. Other:
- Strategy Focus and Alignment: Gathers data to holistically
diagnose problems before
- Focus on the Customer: Acts with the customer/patient in mind.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external
customers. Anticipates customer requests/identifies potential
solutions. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for
improvements in service.Promote Strategic Alignment:
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an
issue/challenge.Collaborate With Others:
- Consistently approaches work with a collaborative spirit and
demonstrate respect for others' perspectives and ideas. Develops
relationships by delivering on all commitments and displaying
willingness to compromise. Creates strong morale and spirit in
his/her team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team. Creates a
climate in which people want to do their
best.---------------------- Communicate Openly and Transparently:
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs
and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the
organization. Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and
sideways, inside and outside the organization. Practices active
listening.Continuously Develop Self and Others:
- Consistently transfers learning to the job through application
of newly acquired skills. Takes ownership for identifying and
taking advantage of learning opportunities Is a people
builderPerformance Excellence and Results:
- Consistently finds new and innovative ways to solve business
problems. Knows how to get things done both through formal channels
and the informal network. Is constantly and consistently one of the
top performers. Is open to suggestions and
experimentation.Demonstrate Agility in Decision Making:
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom,
experience, and judgment. Open to change; experiments and will try
anything to find solutions. Uses rigorous logic and methods to
solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Looks beyond the
obvious and doesn---t stop at the first answers Accelerate and
- Makes recommendations about changes that should be made in a
given situation and voices ideas and concerns. Embraces and
communicates support for organizational changes.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Salt Lake City , Group Lead Logistics/Couriers req78888, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!