Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2019 sales of $28 billion ( -25 billion). We live our mission
of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
Linde Gases US, a division of Linde, is currently seeking a
Production Technician. This position will be based out of the Linde
HyCO facility located in Salt Lake City, UT. This position reports
to the Plant Manager and will have direct responsibility for one
HyCO SMR plant.
The Production Technician, working under the direction of the plant
manager, plant engineer and with the maintenance and I&E
technicians, will be responsible for a variety of complex
operations and duties in the production facility.
The facility produces industrial gases and this position is
responsible for operating equipment associated with Steam Methane
Reforming technology. In addition, there are multiple activities
that are required to be employed in order to maintain safe,
efficient and optimal operation. The selected candidate is expected
to learn the process and support unit operations.
- Effectively communicate with fellow operators, technicians,
engineers, and managers
- Adhere to all regulatory, corporate and plant policies and
- Demonstrate ability to be a safety leader by fostering a strong
safety culture and ensure safe work environment with a commitment
to zero injuries.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
- Participate in daily/monthly safety and production
- Startup and shutdown of process equipment
- Prepare equipment for maintenance work by means of Lockout
- Correctly write hazardous work permits to perform maintenance
- Monitor equipment performance and operation
- Perform some preventive maintenance on equipment,
instrumentation, and mechanical systems.
- Write operating procedures and update as needed.
- Support outages, retrofit/upgrades, major maintenance
activities including turnarounds and unplanned downtime
- PM work related to the PHMSA DOT pipeline- eg pipeline patrols,
tracking PMs, contributing to regulatory and internal audits.
- Support Management of Change protocols for equipment and
- Work with the operations team to identify, investigate and
correct root causes of incidents and near misses to ensure unsafe
conditions are prevented in the future.
- Understand and participate in environmental compliance
activities and PMs.
- Using maintenance management systems for tracking PMs and spare
parts- EAM or equivalent
- Work extended hours, 12 hour rotating shifts, weekends,
holidays, on-call periods, and scheduled/non-scheduled
- Ability to work as the single operator on shift during nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates degree in Process Technology (PTEC) preferred
- 3+ years production operations' experience, or equivalent
industrial experience preferred
- Moderate lifting (20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs.
- Ability to demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work from heights and within confined spaces
- Functional computer skills required. Eg excel, word, outlook,
powerpoint, etc. Ability to learn and navigate internal
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card is required to enter the Chevron
Refinery Facility where the Linde plant is located.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Salt Lake City , Production Technician, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!