Optical - Sr. CNC Maintenance/Repair Tech Sun-Thurs 10PM-6:30AM
Company: National Vision
Location: North Salt Lake
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Company DescriptionWe're looking for a Expert Maintenance
Technicians for our Night Shifts.At National Vision, we believe
everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help
people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers
in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training
is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a
reality. This is not just another job, it is an opportunity to
learn a new career.Job DescriptionNIGHT SHIFTSSun-Thurs
10PM-6:30AMThe Expert Maintenance Technician will be responsible
for servicing and maintaining equipment located in the lab.
- Maintains Preventative Maintenance log on all equipment.
- Maintains weekly PM checklists with all maintenance duties on
them and PM checklists by the machines.
- Communicates with various Help Desks to fix various
- Services and Maintains CNC Edgers by cleaning daily, fixing any
broken or out of calibration parts, and re-calibrate.
- Services and Maintains CNC Generators by performing weekly
greasing and lube checks. Turn cutters and calibrate when
- Maintains Edger by changing cutters and making sure the filters
- Maintains Blocker by keeping filters clean and alloy drawers
clean and do weekly checks for prism and axis.
- Uses ours and others ideas to fabricate systems and machines to
make production easier or better quality.
- Responsible for sourcing machine parts at lowest cost (i.e.
Internet vs. Manufacturer).
- Leads associates by ensuring they are staying on task and are
in the proper place for optimal workflow.
- Train new associates according to direction from Maintenance
- Able to work unsupervised.Qualifications
- Associate s Degree/Technical School Degree or equivalent work
- 3 to 5 year experience in the maintenance, diagnosis, and
repair of complex equipment (Electronics, CNC-type equipment
- Must have proven troubleshooting skills on complex
- Experience working with PLC s. PLC programming a plus.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical/electronic diagrams
- Requires accuracy to such a degree that loss through errors
would cause waste or delay.
- Repetitive job requiring some mental effort and occasional
organization and planning.Additional InformationWhat are the
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website to learn more.Perks: PTO Starts After 90 Days 10% Shift
Deferential Pay Company Holiday Days off with Pay Overtime
Opportunity Opportunity for Bonus Per Pay Period Full Benefit
package Work Uniform Provided Opportunity for Advancement Head
Phones Allowed on the Production Floor $500 Referral Bonus Offered
No License or Certificates Needed Break room comes with full size
refrigerators, microwaves, meals, drinks, snacks able to purchase.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information,
disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: National Vision, Salt Lake City , Optical - Sr. CNC Maintenance/Repair Tech Sun-Thurs 10PM-6:30AM, Professions , North Salt Lake, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!