Company: Helix Electric
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Helix Electric has need for a dynamic State Certified Journeyman
Electrician. The successful electrician will be part of a
production driven team, performing electrical installations and
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
Helix Electric, Inc. is one of the most successful open-shop
electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has
expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical
construction - design/build services, industrial, commercial, mixed
use/multi-family developments as well as government, institutional,
communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses
world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term
relationships and a high level of credibility with general
contractors, utility, and power user customers we serve. We have a
strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships
and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing
of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
- Installs electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate.
(Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations
that may require certification and training before operating).
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power
threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- State Journeyman Electrician Certification is a requirement in
states where required or considered highly desirable in states
without this requirement
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule
and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Job requires wo Job requires working in all elements, depending
on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow.
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses,
and gloves always), respirator when required.
- Able to work 8-10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime,
and night shifts as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job,
including crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching,
kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects
in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
- Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job.
- A Full-Time Stable Career Opportunity offering Competitive
- 100% Employer paid Medical & Dental with Vison options
- Life and AD&D coverage 100% employer paid with buy up
- Rich 401K Employer Match with aggressive vesting schedule
- Vacation, Sick Pay & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Additional Voluntary benefits
Keywords: Helix Electric, Salt Lake City , Service Electrician, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!