Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Manage the daily maintenance activities in a warehouse. Plan and
coordinate activities of refrigeration, maintenance and forklift
associates. Maintain safe, effective and functional facilities by
directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools,
equipment, and utility systems for refrigerated warehouse.
• Identifies current and future maintenance requirements.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual maintenance
budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating
• Ensures operations productivity by determining work priorities
and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines,
tools, and equipment.
• Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs
by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports
and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and
systems for conformance with operational standards.
• Complies with all OSHA regulations and PSM requirements.
• Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other
municipal and state codes.
• Resolves maintenance problems.
• Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean
• Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and
assigning employees. Ensures work results.
• Ensures repairs of handling equipment so it is clean, safe,
fully-operational and in good repair.
• Assess future repair needs of equipment and coordinates
• Direct department activities to design new products, modify
existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test
• Provide a comprehensive energy plan, which includes: Energy
consumption, defined rate goals, strategies, action plans,
conservation plans and utilization effectiveness.
• Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies, which may
improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations
to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local environment,
health, safety and HR regulations/procedures along with ensuring
that all tasks are carried out in a safe and healthful manner with
no adverse impact upon the environment.
• Works with General Manager to develop annual budgets
• Works with General Manager to ensure Departmental financial goals
• Works with General Manager to Develop Capital Expense budgets and
provide long term planning for facility and equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Completion of all eight (8) RETA courses.
• HAZMAT certification.
• Five to eight years in warehouse maintenance management
• 3 years general supervisory/management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to
contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees
for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to
seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and
model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse
conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving
instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting
behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high
sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as
interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
• Ability to supervise and inspect work performed by all Levels of
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on
• Ability to work overtime
• Frequently works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to
complete work or to attend meetings
• Must travel up to _____%
• Knowledge of ISO.
• Knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
• Forklift certification.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Salt Lake City , Engineering & Maintenance Manager, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!