Engineering Technician C "Acoustic Test Technician"
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Job Title: Acoustic Test Technician C Job Location:
SLC, UT (2645 South 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84115) Shift: 1st
& 2nd (Primarily 1st shift, but we will need flexibility to work
either shift as business requires) Primarily Swing Shift
(2:30p.m.-12midnight). Performs in water acoustic and electronic
testing and diagnosis of malfunctions on sonar transducers and
hydrophones, circuit boards, major systems, sub-systems and control
boxes. Application of advanced electronic theory and use of
schematics, detailed specifications and complex test procedures,
with appropriate test equipment. Performs final test and/or
diagnosis of malfunction of any electronic system. Highly developed
support individual contributor. Works autonomously. May act as a
mentor to lower level peers and provide guidance on tasks. Makes
recommendations for solutions. Works on assignments requiring
judgment and initiative. Essential Functions:
- Understand and perform in-water acoustic testing and
calibration of transducers in accordance with governing
- Sets up tests, calibrates, aligns, and troubleshoots , circuit
boards, units, boxes, and major systems/test equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, wiring
diagrams, sketches, drawings, and specifications.
- Uses complex test procedures, schematics, detailed
specifications, drawings, and test equipment to isolate and
document test faults.
- Complete all paperwork accompanying hardware being tested
including, but not limited to, travelers, material repair
authorizations, factory acceptance test reports, material rejection
reports, security markings, security audit trails, and test
- Assist in creation of fixtures for mounting transducers during
- Assist in development of new test methods to increase accuracy,
repeatability, and throughput.
- Troubleshoot to identify and resolve test problems and provide
accurate and repeatable data.
- Operates thermal chamber system.
- Operates shake console in conjunction with large shake
- Operates temperature, pressure, and tensioning, while
- Responsible for performing functions associated with all
manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in
set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and
quality testing related to the production of parts, components,
subassemblies, and final assemblies.
- Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating
data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or
- Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures
to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with
engineers in conducting experiments.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. May
need to work variable schedule(s) and additional hours as
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a US government issued secret
clearance. Active clearance preferred.
- Follow security standards set forth by security officer.
- Use of company-supplied safety equipment.
- Work in close quarters suspended over a large pond filled with
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Requires highly developed job knowledge/skills.
- Associate degree in electronics technology, OR equivalent
related work experience required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6
years of prior relevant experience or 2 years
post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior
- Requires intermediate proficiency with MS Excel.
- Prior experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes,
signal analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, DMM, impedance
analyzers. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Broad knowledge of electronics, test equipment, and
- Acoustic test experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW.
- Completion of transducer testing theory training courses.
- Veteran with naval Sonar work experience is preferred.
- Manual dexterity and good balance to work in close quarters
suspended over a large pond filled with water.
- Ability to swim Working Conditions:
- Bending, stooping, and lifting daily.
- Regular lifting of up to 35 lbs. from the floor to a
- Potential electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, greases, and soaps possible.
- Intermittent work outdoors.
- Year-long exposure to weather, temperature extremes, water, and
ice. L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to
treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect
and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful
discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected
by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free
workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and
background checks, where permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris, Salt Lake City , Engineering Technician C "Acoustic Test Technician", Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!