Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 21, 2023
About Linde:Linde is a leading global industrial gases and
engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet.The company serves a variety of end markets including
aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy,
healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial
gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen
for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions.For more information about the company and its products
and services, please visit www.linde.com.Job Overview:We are
seeking a Maintenance Technician is at our Garfield, Utah
production facility where the desired candidate will perform a wide
variety of skilled mechanical duties to install, troubleshoot,
repair and modify mechanical equipment.Primary
- Uses a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment and systems
requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of
equipment and repair/replacement of bearings, gears, structural
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical
- Specific responsibilities include Safely troubleshoot, repair,
and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical
systems including compressors, pumps, cooling towers, fans,
blowers, boiler systems, valves, and the ability to perform
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Support Maintenance and TAR planners with execution of
maintenance tasks, and completion of all follow-up
- Support compliance of predictive technology programs
(Vibration, oil analysis etc.)
- Use RCA methodology on failures and support the reliability
team in the identification and resolution of failures or known
- Complete and document maintenance activities (associated with
predictive and corrective maintenance activities) in a computerized
maintenance database (CMMS).
- Ability to learn on the fly with new or unfamiliar equipment or
systems - manage an emergency with minimal supervision.
- High School Degree required
- Associate or bachelor's degree in a technical field
- 2 - 5 years of experience is highly desirable in many of the
- Journeyman millwright/machinist experience preferred
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial mechanical maintenanceSkills and Attributes:
- Dependable and honest
- Safety commitment and compliance with procedures
- Competency with Computers, Microsoft applications, and process
control computer systems
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Use of calibration devices and data collectors
- Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
- Process understanding, process control schematic
- Maintenance and compliance documentation
- Communications, both verbal and written
- Quality controls
- Organization and time management
- Safe Work Planning
- Self-directed learning Working Conditions:The Maintenance
Technician must be able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk,
see, and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job.
Additional activities for this job are:
- Occasionally drive a service (pickup) truck. Clean driving
- Perform office work requiring computer work and other
administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day.
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed
- Bending, stooping, and working from just above the ground to
- Use of stairs, ladders, and scaffolding for elevated work.
- Lifting 5 to 15 LBs loads performed daily.
- Lifting 15 to 45 LBs loads intermittently.
- Lifting 45 to 75 LBs loads occasionally.
- Use of air purifying full face respirator occasionally.
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers,
and similar hand tools.
- Use of power tools such as drill and saws.
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as equipment
- Use of chemical personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Shift schedule requiring weekend and/or nighttime shifts.
Working extended hours and/or holidays may be required.
- On Call, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Must carry company cell phone
for immediate availability.At Linde, we strive to create a work
environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new
thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates
our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to
remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing
pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.We offer a
comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays
and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k)
(with matching), and pension benefits.Linde thanks all applicants
in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who
are being considered for an interview will be contacted.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Salt Lake City , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Magna, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!