Company: Michael Baker International
Posted on: May 18, 2018
WHO WE ARE Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions. TRANSPORTATION PRACTICE Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure. DESCRIPTION Responsibilities will include working with a team of engineers with design and production of roadway/grading, signing/striping plans, and signal plans. Additional roles for candidate include assisting the design team with project bid documents, including plans, estimates, and specifications. Specific civil engineering tasks include horizontal and vertical geometric design, preparation of design calculations, quantity calculations, and preparation of construction cost estimates. Daily communication with the Project and Task Managers on key issues and project progress.
- Under limited supervision, plans, designs, and analyzes data on civil transportation engineering projects.
- Prepares moderately complex studies, construction documents, drawings, maps, reports, and supporting documentation
- Prepares quantities and construction cost estimates
- Prepares construction drawings
- Occasionally visits work site, reporting findings to more experienced engineers and/or project managers
- Communicates with clients regarding project issues, holds and attends meetings
- Assists with defining scope of work and man-hour requirements
- Assists with proposal production and implementing marketing initiatives
- Assists project managers and more experienced engineers in ensuring that project/task schedules and budgets are met
- Coordinates with technicians to ensure timely and accurate document or drawing preparation
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge through completion of various training initiatives: attending seminars, reviewing professional publications, attending in-house systems/management training
- Occasional to moderate travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- You'll need a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with coursework relevant to working in the transportation engineering field, 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and a Utah P.E. license.
- You'll need to demonstrate an eagerness to learn and apply your engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs.
- The ability to communicate and effectively participate as part of an engineering team is critical.
- Computer knowledge/experience with the following is a huge plus: Microstation, Inroads, and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Experience with local UDOT and Utah standards is a plus.
- Design Build experience is a plus
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Salt Lake City, Transportation Engineer, Professions, Midvale, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!