CDL/Flood Restoration Technician
Company: Utah Disaster Kleenup
Posted on: October 12, 2018
How do you see your future? Is it working for a bright energetic company that understands the importance of advancing and rewarding their people? If yes, we have an opportunity for you. At UDK, we understand the unique nature of our business, and have found great success in growing people from the bottom up. This type of work takes an individual with character and we love finding the right talent for this distinctive job of cleaning up after fires, floods, mold and the most unusual disasters one can imagine. At UDK, we keep our service technicians on track and motivated with a system that is composed of experience, training, testing and 360 reviews that add structure, feedback and motivation to stay on task. All technicians are assigned a mentor who will train them. Starting hourly rate: $13.50 to $17/hour depending on experience. Increased starting wage will be considered for experienced candidates. Most technicians advance to Level 3 status (hourly rate of $14.50) within six to nine months. With overtime pay and call-out bonuses, the average technician will earn $35,000 in their first year at UDK. If you have the right character and attitude to offer the team, we have a great job for you. Requirements (from our Technicians):
- Great People Skills
- Each Customer is the Boss. That means we give our customers exceptional service and work well with our peers to deliver it. No excuses.
- Tenacity and Grit!
- This job isn't for the weak-minded (or weak-stomached). We cleanup what others can't--- or won't.
- Endurance and Strength.
- This is a heavy lifting job and high exertion job. We want to be working alongside someone that is fit and can keep up with us throughout the entire day and often into the night.
- Ability to work 50 + Hours/week
- Disasters are never scheduled, therefore we frequently have to pull together to get the job done even if it means working into the night.
- Because a disaster could happen any-time-day-or-night, we all take a minimum of eight 24-hour on-call shifts each month (could be more, depending on the needs of the customer). We do get paid well for this as we are most often getting overtime rates when we get called out, plus call-out bonuses that range from $20-$50 per incident depending on the day of the week and how dirty and stinky the clean-up is.
- Spot-on references from previous employers
- If you don't have a previous employer that can vouch for you, be prepared to give us a good reason why.
- Clean-cut and tobacco free
- We show up shower fresh and clean cut each day. We don't smell like smoke and would expect the same from you.
- Reliable Transportation and Clean Driving Record:
- Disasters happen in the middle of the night. We are responsible for arriving to the UDK facility within 30 minutes of being called. If you do not have your own transportation, this is next to impossible. In addition, we only put drivers behind the wheel that have a proven record of driving safe. CDL Responsibilities:
- Dumpster(Hook Style Truck) operations
- Delivers products in a tractor/trailer
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Maintains truck operating efficiency
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance
- Unloads product of varying size and weight
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records
- Position Description Responsible for planning and executing delivery activities, preparing delivery loads, following planned delivery routes, and assisting with merchandise installations or returns, unloading, installing, and checking equipment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and standard maintenance of delivery vehicles, observing safety procedures regarding Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Hazmat, and power equipment tools, maintaining DOT and CDL certifications, and complying with reporting Job Requirements Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties. CDL Qualifications:
- Valid Class "B" License(CDL) Preferred
- Clean MVR
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis UDK is located in Draper at 13081 South Minuteman Drive. Visit us online at: callUDK.com to learn more about the incredible service we provide. All roads point to UDK. If you are interested, click the link below to fill out our application and questionnaire. If you seem like a match for us, we will be contacting you to set-up an interview. Pre-employment requirements: The Immigration Reform and Control Act require employment eligibility certification for all employees. All job offers are contingent upon completion of the I-9 verification process. Applications and new hires are subject to drug testing, background checks, including references and history of criminal convictions and DUI's. Must have a valid driver's license with a clear record in the last 3 years and complete an online profile test.
Keywords: Utah Disaster Kleenup, Salt Lake City , CDL/Flood Restoration Technician, Professions , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!