Project Architect - JCLDS Temple
Company: The Haskell Company
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
As a Project Architect you are responsible for the production of
innovative, appropriate, cost effective, designs, drawings and
specifications in his/her discipline for assigned projects.
Further, you will maintain professional registration and
signs/seals documents prepared under his/her supervision. Must have
experience with REVIT. Experience with Temple Design and Temple
Construction Administration experience is requiered. Team members
will work with the LDS Church as a client.
* Conceptual Design:
* Utilizes innovation in design and methods.
* Develops design concepts, recommends systems and produces pricing
and proposal documents and outline specifications.
* Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance
with proposal/client criteria.
* Establish Discipline basis of design.
* Detailed Design:
* Analysis Ability
* Researches, documents and is responsible for discipline design
compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards and
* Designing for Safety incorporated into drawings.
* Comply with the QIP.
* Uses Haskell standards and procedures.
* Coordinates work with other disciplines, including outside
consultants as applicable. Performs interdisciplinary coordination
check to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings
* Leads the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good
appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness.
* Construction Documents
* Signs and seals design documents when assigned as Professional of
* Construction Support:
* Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for
compliance with construction documents.
* Advises and assists Construction Project Managers,
Superintendents and Subcontractors in the interpretation and
clarification of construction documents.
* Participates in construction observation to monitor compliance
with design intent, construction drawings and specifications.
Prepares inspection reports and punch lists.
* Provides solutions to field problems, responds to RFI's and
prepares field orders and addenda.
* Leads production and archiving of record drawings and
* Projects, monitors and informs design manager of workload status
of project discipline staff.
* Participates in project strategy meetings.
* Participates in creation of overall key date schedule, including
* Creates discipline work plan for assigned projects.
* Prepares man-hour estimate for discipline work.
* Assists Design Manager in monitoring costs of discipline-related
* Participates in team review to assure discipline scope is covered
in project budgets, estimates and subcontractor bids.
* Project Management:
* Directs technical efforts of discipline staff assigned to the
* Monitors discipline adherence to strategy, key date schedule and
* Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring
discipline-related outside consultants.
* Monitors workload status; advises design manager.
* Prepares Meeting minutes and other communications in coordination
with design manager.
* Mentoring of assigned staff.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
* Licensed Professional Architect, preferred
* Knowledgeable in A/E technology and software. (ACAD, Revit,
* Discipline production software proficient.
* Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office.
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture from accredited college or
* Project Architect I: 3-5 years typical minimum discipline
* Project Architect II: 5-8 years typical minimum discipline
* Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in
anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem
solving inside and outside the department/organization.
* Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers
a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just
meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies
and develops service excellence skills.
* Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and
appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and
effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings;
considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the
appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open
channels of communication.
* Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results;
manages competing demands in fast paced environment with effective
results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure
* Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing
capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development
needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and
learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job
proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Haskell Company, Salt Lake City , Project Architect - JCLDS Temple, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!