Communications Technician I
Company: IES Communications
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Communications Technician I must learn and possess the skills
required to function as a contributing member of a technical team.
Typically, the Technician I possess no experience to one (1) year
of experience in the structured cabling industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Communications Technician I will install a work area outlet
for floor (i.e. monument), modular furniture (i.e. surface mount
box) and wall (i.e. box eliminator). Drop cable down a wall using
fish tape or other method. Route cable through modular furniture.
Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables
and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support
cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings,
* The Communications Technician I will build closets (Mount and
install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber
optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and
cable as required.
* The Communications Technician I performs fire-stopping procedures
on fire walls, install sleeves, and pull cable through sleeves and
* The Communications Technician I will terminate low-voltage
* The Communications Technician I will fully complete all IES
COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material
transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as
* The Communications Technician I adheres to and participate in all
Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and
* The Communications Technician I will complete other
responsibilities as assigned.
* Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall
saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers
(needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable
stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Communications Technician I must be able to work in an
outdoor or indoor construction work environment.
* The Communications Technician I must be self-motivated, positive
in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement
project process improvement(s).
* The Communications Technician I must promote the Company culture
and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business
* The Communications Technician I must possess proven problem
solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively
read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* The Communications Technician I must have proven skill level or
the ability to learn to interpret blueprints and other project
documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting
and quality requirements.
* The Communications Technician I must be able to work at heights,
off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and
move up to 75 pounds.
* The Communications Technician I must be able to see and
distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and
recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* The Communications Technician I must be able to travel within the
branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Regular and reliable job attendance required.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* High School diploma or GED equivalency.
* Minimum of zero (0) to one (1) year experience in
telecommunications or related technical field.
* Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
* Basic construction industry knowledge preferred.
* Must possess and learn to effectively use the listed tools.
* Ability to meet Company minimum driving standards preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES
produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal
and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency
represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee
without first having a signed contract between that agency and the
IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES
and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. ""EEO
is the Law" poster
is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Keywords: IES Communications, Salt Lake City , Communications Technician I, Professions , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!