VDC Senior Lead Consultant
Company: Harris Companies
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Harris CompaniesOgden, UT, USAFull TimeWhat we're looking for in
- 8+ years of Drafting/Design in Piping, Plumbing, and/or Sheet
Metal industry or AEC experience with BIM/CAD training
- Working knowledge of construction practices with emphasis on
- Proficient understanding of Revit, AutoCAD, Autodesk
Fabrication, or Navisworks preferred
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills and problem-solving skills
The purpose of your role as a VDC Senior Lead Consultant
Setup and Backgrounds:
- Organize and utilize AEC data for use with shop drawings per
- Organize and build shop drawing files per scope.
Initial Detailing/ System Modeling:
- Generate 3D model of piping, plumbing and/or ductwork systems
in compliance with building codes, construction standards, contract
documents, and instructions from the project leadership.
- Route piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork systems per company
- Show all components and systems per company standards.
- Identify and communicate issues that need clarification to the
- Overlay piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork systems with other
- Re-route piping, plumbing, and/or ductwork as required.
- Produce sign-off record drawings.
- Add remaining text, tags and dimensions to complete shop
drawings & other supporting sketches and/or details per company
- Prepare final piping/plumbing spool sheets/BOM as required OR
- Make any revisions required per QA/QC.
Database Management & Administration:
- Oversee management of Central Database used by Harris Divisions
- Develop, implement and channel new content into Harris Central
databases (Wetside / Dryside)
- Troubleshoot Database related issues and evaluate database
requests from divisions.
- Work with BIM Information Lead Consultant in maintaining and
updating ITM content into central database and divisional database
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris
offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and
opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative
spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on
variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to
hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all
sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the
Visit our Careers Page for additional details:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links
- EEO is the Law and Supplemental Poster
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Keywords: Harris Companies, Salt Lake City , VDC Senior Lead Consultant, Professions , Ogden, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!