Sales Specialist - Analytical Chemistry (Upper Midwest/Four Corners)
Location: Spanish Fork
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job SummaryThis position will be responsible for mapping
accounts, qualifying opportunities, and closing business for
products within the analytical chemistry workflow. Geographical
concentration of accounts located in AZ, CO, IA, ID, MN, MT, ND,
NM, SD, UT, WY.MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed assigned sales quota for products used within
analytical chemistry workflows, working in conjunction with the
general sales teams.
- Fully utilize CRM tools and applications to manage pipeline and
- Identify new business opportunities and assist in converting
competitive products to items available from VWR.
- Support the general sales teams within the territory by mapping
accounts and providing training and technical expertise on products
within the laboratory chemicals, chromatography and filtration
- Communicate portfolio value propositions to sales
representatives and customers.
- Manage supplier relationships and assume overall territory
ownership, along with general sales representatives and management
- Maintain current knowledge on vertical markets dynamics,
application trends, and other critical business information
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- BS degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent work
experience required. Master's or PhD preferred.
- 3+ years chromatography experience required
- Experience working in an analytical lab, performing duties such
as sample prep, running, maintaining, and troubleshooting
analytical instruments, and data analysis preferred. -
- Experience with servicing analytical equipment (repairs, PM,
IQ/OQ/PQ) preferred.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary
to perform the job competently)
- Experience with and a firm understanding of the analytical
chemistry marketplace (HPLC, LC/MS, GC, GC/MS, FPLC, flash,
purification, spectroscopy, ICP, wet chemistry, etc.) required
- Proactive and results oriented individual with solid
communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Sales experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) required. -
- Experience with a CRM such as SalesForce preferred.
- Overnight travel is required. - -ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING
CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
- Typically works in a home office environment with extensive
regional travel to customer locations.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent
are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be
developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on
routine basis. -
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary
but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or
carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs. - -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of
solicitation.Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:Avantor
is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation
range for this role is:$102,300.00 - $173,800.00Final compensation
for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum
and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities,
education, experience and location.
Keywords: Avantor, Salt Lake City , Sales Specialist - Analytical Chemistry (Upper Midwest/Four Corners), Sales , Spanish Fork, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!